Everyone gearing up for the holidays?

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Everyone gearing up for the holidays?

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:22 am

'Cause, damn . . . :weed and also :cric .

Be easier if we had any good sources about El Escorial, or if they'd update the measly webpage at http://goodthefilm.com/.

Anybody traveling anyplace fun?? Sprog will be 18 this month, and demanded a trip to London. Initially she was going to get a job over the summer, and head over with several buds; they all crapped out on her, so it will just be she and I--we'll be at home for Christmas, but head out the next day.

RedHandedJill

Post by RedHandedJill » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:14 pm

right now I haven't bought one single present or even thought about the holidays!!!!

Finals are next week!!! I am just popping my head in and out of here when I can!!! LOVE YOU EVERYONE!!!

Red

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:04 am

Don't worry about it, Red. You just see to those finals. Besides, it's not like we're gonna forget about you!

Hil, I envy the hell out of you, with perhaps the airport qeues and general accompanying madness being the exception.

As for me, holidays are considerably easier now that we just pick a name. Plus there's only two kids in the extended family, which makes things a whole lot easier on the pocketbook. Whatever's left gets pooled into the food and libation fund, and, oh yeah ... gas. (At least we're not making two hour trips anymore.)

P.S. I'm sticking to gift certificates this year. Call me a Philistine but it's sooo much easier when you're buying for someone who pretty much has everything.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:23 pm

I'm with you, Gillian. Gift cards/certificates are simpler. And with so many stores giving them, I can "personalize" them to each recipient.

What's surprising about the cards/certificates is that so many of them go unused! Man, they're not in my wallet long enough to get warm.

England during the holidays . . . I'm green with envy, Miss Hils. Hope you two have a wonderful time.

Red, do well on your finals. We'll be thinking of you!

Helen

RedHandedJill

Post by RedHandedJill » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:23 am

I'm BACK!!!! thanks for the well wishes!!

I failed biology! but I should be getting a A's and B's in my other classes!!!!!

I am a Digital Media Major science is not a strong point of mine!!!!

I will be shopping this whole week and hanging with the family

My mom keeps reminding me how wonderful it is to have me back for Christmas since I have been gone for the last two.

Red

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:54 am

My mom keeps reminding me how wonderful it is to have me back for Christmas since I have been gone for the last two.
Aaaawww . . . I can attest that Hawaii has its appeal, but for a young person hailing from a snowy expansive part of the nation, Christmas in Hawaii can be a profoundly depressing experience. (It's warm, dank, and humid, and the soundtrack is heavy on tunes like "Santa's Coming in His Red Canoe".
Didn't do it for me.)

RedHandedJill

Post by RedHandedJill » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:53 pm

Lol

yeah the song I would sing is I'm dreaming of a white christmas

Red

Return to “General Forum”