Heath Ledger found dead

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Moira

Heath Ledger found dead

Post by Moira » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:24 pm

Tragic news about Jason's Patriot co-star.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080122/ap_ ... HCuj2s0NUE

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:40 pm

OMG! 28 years old.

Funkay

Post by Funkay » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:47 pm

I've been a HUGE fan of Heath Ledger for a very long time, so this is hurting my heart a little bit, to say the least. I saw it on the Yahoo! home page and I thought it was a joke. My thoughts go out to his family. This sucks and blows big time.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:50 pm

I'm really shocked, he was too young and a great actor! I love his role in the Patriot (my fave movie). :-(
I can't believe it...

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:28 pm

He had a two-year-old daughter. :-( :-( :-(

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:46 pm

Sad. Just sad.
At first I thought it was a joke.

His fansites are being hammered right now, and a few have even been pulled -- which when I think about it, was probably more of a decision made on the part of the web hosts, just so their networks wouldn't go down.

My prayers and thoughts go out to his family, friends and all his fans, who are no doubt, absolutely crushed by the news.

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:33 pm

I'm still in shock over this news too. He's just far too young. I just think about his young daughter who will now grow up without a father. What a tragedy...

-Foodie :-(

AussieJo

Post by AussieJo » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:53 am

As you can expect, the meeja here has been going into overdrive...

When I heard the news first thing this morning (it broke about 8.30am Sydney time) I just didn't believe it. It was like a kick in the guts to me.

I wasn't a fan of Heefy - that doesn't mean that I disliked him or anything - but this news has really, really upset me.

I mean, I wasn't "a fan", but I had immense respect for the guy and the body of work that he was building.

This is a sad, sad case of wasted potential. I know this sounds harsh, but I almost wish that he had killed himself, because if not then fate is really fucking cruel to rob us of someone like this when there are so many far more deserving.

[At the time of writing the latest information is that it was an accidental overdose.]

My heart goes out to his daughter, and especially to his family in Perth, (who found out about his death via the radio news about 5am Perth time).

Rest in peace, Heefy.

Fuck I'm depressed...

Orkine

Post by Orkine » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:11 am

Which sadness...

Today, I think of her daughter...

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:00 am

who found out about his death via the radio news about 5am Perth time
That's disgusting.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:06 pm

That's the problem with the information age. News breaks almost as quickly as it happens. In this case, half the world knew before his poor family did. Not to mention the speculation. As usual, Fox News has been at the forefront.
*cough*vultures*cough*

I know we've often teased poor Heath in the past, but the fact is he was truly coming into his own. He wasn't afraid to take risks, and movies like Brokeback Mountain proved just how good he could be. Even his role in "The Dark Knight" (the latest of the Batman flicks) has some serious fucking teeth.

His Joker will definitely give Nicholson's a run for the money.

View the trailer here..

RedHandedJill

Post by RedHandedJill » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:41 pm

I know my sister told me while I was at work and I was SHOCKED!!!

I don't think that it was an intentional over dose though!

Red

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:45 pm

AJ said:
meeja in overdrive

The TV tabloids are "further investigating" his death. As I was flipping stations, CNN's banner was "Who Killed Heath Ledger?"

Come on!

And, that's awful about his family hearing of it on the news. Poor family. Poor daughter.

AussieJo

Post by AussieJo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:42 am

It was regrettable that they had to hear about it via the radio news, but you have to consider that it was 5AM in Perth.

Although it's a bit rough that the media were given the news before the family were...

Return to “General Forum”