Finally, a nice day

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:57 am

I saw this on the news, and I'm glad to know that you and Chuck
are OK...scary stuff...

we are locked into a cold and wet pattern, that is supposed to last for
the NEXT WEEK...YIKES...but, how can I complain when people so close
where involved with tornados??

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:23 am

Char - I was so worried about you and Chuck. I heard on NPR that a bunch of windows at a hospital got blown in and I thought of Chuck. Glad you are both safe!!!

Marie

Post by Marie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:26 am

Nice to meet another Floridian here. I'm in Weeki Wachee across the state from you.
Are you a Weeki Wachee Mermaid???? :D

I'd always wanted to visit there!!!

Cheers,
Marie

Tavington's ShadowMagnet

Post by Tavington's ShadowMagnet » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:12 pm

Oh yesterday was a bizaare kind of weather day...cold, rainy and just nasty. Was still raining when I came home from work...by 2am it was pouring down rain...somewhere around 2:30am, though...it was bloody well SNOWING! I happened to look out the window, and had to do a double take! I thought I was seeing things! But no, it was snowing...snowflakes the size of grapefruits!

Today, is a different story...sunny, about 60 something and just plain nice out! :loco Tres bizaare indeed! :loco

Namaste,
~ShadowMagnet~

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:00 pm

Char, I'm glad to know that you're safe. Fortunately, we don't have tornados here where I live.

Oh yesterday was a bizaare kind of weather day...cold, rainy and just nasty. Was still raining when I came home from work...by 2am it was pouring down rain...somewhere around 2:30am, though...it was bloody well SNOWING! I happened to look out the window, and had to do a double take! I thought I was seeing things! But no, it was snowing...snowflakes the size of grapefruits!

Today, is a different story...sunny, about 60 something and just plain nice out! Tres bizaare indeed!
Crazy weather!! :shock:

~me

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:32 pm

Crikey, Char! What a mess!
I'm glad to hear you and Chuck are alright and that there were no fatalities.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:18 pm

Gracious, Char!! I didn't hear a thing about that--just as glad I missed it!! :shock: I'm also really glad it missed you guys!
Moira, sorry old chum. You can have a good smirk at my expense come August though, when I'm posting my 3,000th whinge about the heat and humidity.
I know it can get sticky in the Cities, but it doesn't usually last for FOUR FREAKIN' MONTHS!!!

It's quite lovely here today though--we had rain and breezes enough to blow the ornamental cherry petals to the ground. Here's a portrait of the DogBaby basking in his domain (Paris Hilton's pathetic dog, eatyerheartout):

(Yes, that's a filthy mouldering lacrosse ball in front of him. I had to coax him to hold still somehow.)

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:42 pm

Very nice photos there Hil.

Thanks for all your concern. :D It was scary! One med assistant of Chuck's parked her car only a few spots from him and couple of her windows were shattered!

The car dealership across the street had damages to 50-60 cars from debris smashing into cars and blown windows.

Last tornado that hit our area was in 1993 and it did flatten Walmart, only about 100 yds from this year touchdown. It's amazing.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:59 am

Marie...............The Springs aren't what they used to be. It's only open a couple of days a week now but they do have a water park that draws in the people.
Closest I've ever been to being a mermaid is years ago we used to go tubing down the river. Start outside the Springs and go almost to the Gulf.
Now they've fenced off parts of it so you can't get to the river. This is because people would throw trash in it and it got really dirty and in bad shape. Why are people so sloppy ad dirty? They ruin beautiful things for the rest of us.

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:11 am

Hilary he is too cute...he is a photo HAM...LOL

Wow, Char, that is a bit close for comfort...happy that both you and
Chuck and OK...still Scary Stuff...

LOL, grannybear, Florida sounds wonderful...there is a river that runs
through my town, and in the summer, folks go tubing there all the
time....NOT ME...LOL I'm too afraid of polution...

Marie

Post by Marie » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:03 am

Geez what a life - I want to be Hilary's dog - romping in a field of flower petals!

I used to love tubing in Texas. I had not tried in Florida - the gators have me swiming less in fresh water and the sharks have me swiming less in salt water. So that just leaves my little pool!

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:01 am

So happy that you and Chuck are alright Char...it seems all of our areas are being hit with disastrous weather.....today parts of Virginia and I hope all of you and your dear families are alright!!

Oh Hil, I would love too be your dear pooch....yes, amid the lovely flowers in your garden. :D

Hugs,
Kate

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:11 am

Hilary, I love your "DogBaby", awww, he's so cute.

Damn, yesterday the weather was warm and bright.
Today is cold, very cloudy and a little bit drizzly. :???:

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:35 pm

Life damn sure SOUNDS good!! :D
[quote] Here's how my little non-contest-winning BoyDog spent the afternoon: dragging around sticks in the woods. It was projected to hit 70 here today, so of course it was about 76; neither of us is used to it yet. [/quote]

[img]http://www.jasonisaacsonline.com/Harry10Apr08web.jpg[/img]
Awww! He's adorable.....what a cute Jack Russsell Terrier. Smooth-coat, right? We had a little female who kind of looks like that. We lost her about a year or two ago...Cancer, I think. :-(
Weather's off and on here. Cold, warm, windy, rainy....it's all about the Ozone Layer these days, isn't it?
Can't stay on long....haircut day. THANK GOD! No more worrying about my bouganvilla hairdays.
Ciao, luvs! ~marilaine :cool:

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:15 pm

last week we hit the low 80's...this week, we can't climb
out of the 50's. with a chilly wind...this am, we HAD FROST..
Yikes, the warmth has retreated South...

Return to “General Forum”