Finally, a nice day

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:41 pm

We had our first rain on Sunday since April. The lakes by the condos are all drying up. Then a shower on Monday & Tuesday afternoons, so maybe the rainy season has finally started.
We're complaining about no rain while the poor people in the midwest are flooding. No happy medium.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:47 pm

We've had several thunderstorms role through the other day -- two that spawned tornadoes in London and Guelph.

Now I know them's some scary shiz, and most people would rather be anywhere else than in their general vicinity, but it is my hope that one day I'll get to see one -- at least from a safe distance -- just because I think they're insanely fascinating and one of the coolest things on the planet.

They're fairly rare up here though, although my sister's seen two (the lucky wench), and her former converted schoolhouse/home was actually partially trashed by a tornado back in the twenties.

DhaniGrrrrl

Post by DhaniGrrrrl » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:18 am

Oh God...It had been hot and oppressive since Saturday, and only last night did we finally get soem relief with a thunderstorm...

It's cool now, but it will be warmer later, but thankfully, not as humid, so my house won't be like an oven, cos we don't have Central Air, nor do we have the electrical capacities for seperate A/Cs, so that means we make due with what we have (fans and alot of water), and pretty much suffer...

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:49 am

Poor Dhani--we've got a stand-alone AC unit for our bedroom (it vents out the window, but stands on the floor) and every morning I empty about 3/4 of a gallon of water from the reservoir.
ICK!
But what a difference it makes!

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:15 am

Hot and humid here in Corpus, as per usual.....gas is up to about $3.93 and 9/10......per gal. I'm just glad I don't drive......RTA is my mode of trans on my days off and after work......
No rain yet, but no tropical depressions/hurricanes as of yet. (Knock wood)
Had trouble sleeping last night....actually watched most of 'Peter Pan' on DVD, compared to falling asleep to it like I normally do. Perhaps I should've watched 'Sweet November' seeing as how Chaz and I had something in common for a little while there. ("Three hours sleep last night.")
Listened to Jason narrating 'The Secrets of Harry Potter' on DVD last night. Maybe that is the reason I couldn't relax for a while, which is weird.....Jason's voice is really soothing. I love listening to him talk. (sigh)
He's got such an incredible voice......and eyes, and gorgeous hands. (sigh) ~marilaine :cool:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:06 am

Had trouble sleeping last night....actually watched most of 'Peter Pan' on DVD, compared to falling asleep to it like I normally do. Perhaps I should've watched 'Sweet November' seeing as how Chaz and I had something in common for a little while there. ("Three hours sleep last night.")
*sigh* You're not the only one, I couldn't sleep last night either, so I watched episodes 2, 3 and 4 of Brotherhood. :shock:

I've been having problems with insomnia lately.

~me

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:47 am

gas is up to about $3.93 and 9/10......per gal

Um. Yesterday, I paid $4.37 9/10 per gal in San Diego, and that was at lower-priced CostCo! :bat

However, it's a breezy 70° at 10 a.m. :roll:

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Like Marilaine I'm glad there are no hurricaines yet. It's been hot and sticky but with central air if you stay in the house it's comfotable.
In another month or so we'll be watching every storm that starts in the Atlantic or the Gulf and pray it's not a big one heading our way. Gotall my supplies in so I'm set. Even some extra books. Do you think Jason could ever write a book? He seems to have good ideas about his roles so maybe?

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:51 pm

D'uoooh you said the dreaded "H" word!!! Around wear I live in Florida it's like saying Voldemort!

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:49 pm

I wonder if they're gonna sttart naming hurricanes after HP characters.....
Can you imagine? Hurricane Albus? Hurricane Draco? ::lol
I got my sister, Gail, to listen to Jason narrating "The Hidden Secrets of Harry Potter" yesterday, and she nearly fell asleep. (Boy, I'd be the first person to buy Jason's book, if he should ever write one. ::drool)

Insomnia seems to hit me every so often.....I hope I don't have it tonight. I'm working this weekend. GAH! :-(
Tried to watch Black Hawk Down, but ended watching most of 'Passionada', then fell asleep to COS.
Sweet Dreams, Angel! ::angel
~marilaine :cool:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:37 pm

Insomnia seems to hit me every so often.....I hope I don't have it tonight.
If I can't sleep again tonight, I'll have to watch some more episodes of Brotherhood. :shock: 'Caffee' keeps me awake...LOL!

~me

DhaniGrrrrl

Post by DhaniGrrrrl » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:12 pm

Oh God, another lovely day today, but tomorrow it's supposed to be that dreaded "H" word again, so it looks like we'll all be suffering again...

*sigh*

Kinda wish I had one of those stand-up A/Cs, but I'm guessing that running it would blow a few fuses...

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:16 pm

It's F***** cold today. Crazy weather. :shock:

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:21 am

Hot and humid, without a chance of rain. Typical for the Coastal Bend.....but we totally need rain. Plants, grass et al are dying.
~ml nuke.gif

Tavington's ShadowMagnet

Post by Tavington's ShadowMagnet » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:48 am

It's about 90 here, some sun...calling for storms, yet again...we've been having them off and on for the last few days...some during the day, the majority of them later in the evening. Spawned several of those dreaded "T" thingies(like Florida's dreaded "H"...heh). Other then that, it's been pretty decent weather wise.

Oh and Angel, I understand insomnia quite well...I have it something horrid! The last time it made it's appearance, I didn't sleep for 4 days. :hug

Return to “General Forum”