Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:05 pm

HAHAHAHA!! I like your Hook avatar. His expression is priceless!!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:09 pm

I love the animated icons!

~me

whisperwood

Post by whisperwood » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:16 pm

Thanks guys :D

I love the hook one too. The fun part is looking at all the captures, hehe.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:22 pm

I love it, Andrea!
He makes pirates look sssooooooooooooooooo gooooooooood, doesn't he? :adore
~marilaine :cool:

Tavington's ShadowMagnet

Post by Tavington's ShadowMagnet » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:42 am

Never been a big fan of pirates...but cripes...Hook...wow.. :mrgreen:

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:08 am

I love your avi, TSM. (Isn't that the "Rules of war? Would you like a lesson, Sir, in the RULES OF WAR? Or perhaps your children would." scene?)
Crimanitiny. Tavington is popular, isn't he? ;-) ~marilaine :cool:

Tavington's ShadowMagnet

Post by Tavington's ShadowMagnet » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:38 am

Ah yes, it would be from "The Rules of War." And yes, the Colonel is quite the popular fellow...he's always been number one...followed by Lucius...Michael...and Sir Mark. :woot Hmmm...now that I think on it...perhaps one of the reasons I adore the Colonel so much, is because of my father being British Military. Though, I don't believe he ever wore anything like what the Colonel does... :scratch I don't think my father would've consented to wearing a fuzzy helmet, even though he was a ranking officer(Lt.)! :lol

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:07 pm

I don't think my father would've consented to wearing a fuzzy helmet, even though he was a ranking officer(Lt.)!
LOL! I like that fuzzy helmet, I think Tavvy looks really cute with that helmet on!

And 'The rules of war' is one of my favorite scenes from the movie.

~me

Tavington's ShadowMagnet

Post by Tavington's ShadowMagnet » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:12 am

Oh Angel, I love the fuzzy helmet, too! I agree, he does look uber cute(not to mention...sexy, handsome, hot and delicious)in it! I do remember when the movie came out, my father watched it and was like "Just what does he have on his head?!" I explained it and he replied, "Ah, I see. However, we wouldn't have waited for the enemy to kill us, we would've done it ourselves." I asked what he meant by that, "If we had to wear those helmets, we'd have shot ourselves long before the enemy got to us!" One of my father's friends, a Colonel himself, thought the fuzzy helmet was great..."Nothing wrong with it...just dress it up a bit, that's all."(this same man, also rooted for Tavvy! Woot!)

God, I love that scene! "Rules of War." Tavington could've taught me the rules any day of the week... :brows

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:01 am

When I see that, I think of Marvin the Martian.....:lol j/k j/k (Can you imagine Jason voiceing that character?) And what Bugs Bunny call it? A spitoon? Poor Tavvie! :bawl

The "burn the church" isn't one of my particular favorite scenes, but it is Tavington as his most brutal. :twisted: nuke.gif ~marilaine :cool:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:50 pm

Oh Angel, I love the fuzzy helmet, too! I agree, he does look uber cute(not to mention...sexy, handsome, hot and delicious)in it!
We are both Tavington obsessive, though we can't explain this obsession, can we? *smiles*
Jason is utterly superb in that movie, he really brought the character to life in a way that no one else could.

The "burn the church" isn't one of my particular favorite scenes, but it is Tavington as his most brutal.
The "burn the church" is my favorite scene because it is Tavington as his most brutal. He's such a complex character, and I think Tavington is a man living by his own morals, he's not a bad guy, there's no such thing as a bad person.

(Just showing my perspective. I'd better stop... before I start philosophizing. LOL!)

~me

Tavington's ShadowMagnet

Post by Tavington's ShadowMagnet » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:27 am

angeltavington wrote:
Oh Angel, I love the fuzzy helmet, too! I agree, he does look uber cute(not to mention...sexy, handsome, hot and delicious)in it!
We are both Tavington obsessive, though we can't explain this obsession, can we? *smiles*
Jason is utterly superb in that movie, he really brought the character to life in a way that no one else could.

The "burn the church" isn't one of my particular favorite scenes, but it is Tavington as his most brutal.
The "burn the church" is my favorite scene because it is Tavington as his most brutal. He's such a complex character, and I think Tavington is a man living by his own morals, he's not a bad guy, there's no such thing as a bad person.

(Just showing my perspective. I'd better stop... before I start philosophizing. LOL!)

~me
Don't worry Angel...I agree with everything you just said...and you said it perfectly, too! :hug

Personally, and I'm probably going to get my arse nailed for this, I think Tavington at his most brutal...well, he's just perfect that way. If they showed him in any other light...he wouldn't be Tavington at all. Be another Stumpy, really...*shudders* I love the "burn the church" scene...for various reasons...

And yes, we are both obsessed, and certainly can't explain why we are! Seems I've been trying to justify my adoration for Tavington(and Lucius)for quite awhile now. They're(on Leaky Lounge) calling me the "Col.Tavington/Lucius Malfoy Advocate." At first, I got my arse chewed off for defending them, and now...well, they leave me alone. Just I get first dibs on things related to either of them...well, next to Sue, that is. :woot

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:39 am

This is JMO, but I agree with Angel-Tavie is a complex character. At times there seems to be a sense of innocence and wonder about him that's so attractive. The man is NOT one-dimensional, thanks to Jason's superb portrayal of him; he's intensely compelling.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:11 am

Personally, and I'm probably going to get my arse nailed for this, I think Tavington at his most brutal...well, he's just perfect that way. If they showed him in any other light...he wouldn't be Tavington at all. Be another Stumpy, really...*shudders* I love the "burn the church" scene...for various reasons...
I agree with you, he's just perfect that way. *smiles*

(ah, ladies, I could go on talking about my favorite character and what makes him so compelling)

~me

Tavington's ShadowMagnet

Post by Tavington's ShadowMagnet » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:02 am

Budge over Angel! We BOTH could talk about Tavvy like that!! :mrgreen: :brows

I had a note from someone over at deviantART today...have to love this...or hate it, depending on your view:

"You like Tavington? They called him a butcher for crying out loud! Since you like him so much, that makes you just as warped in the head as he was."

Okay...

If I'm just as warped in the head as Tavington...

Where's my fuzzy helmet, musket, horse, saber and my lot of Green Dragoons?!?

:bat

Bah...what's the old adage?

Oh yes: "If you haven't anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Exactly. :shh

Return to “General Forum”