George Carlin has died

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Funkay

Post by Funkay » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:05 pm

I like Kucinich just fine, but I thought it was weird because he had ended his campaign. I guess his people filed his paperwork anyway. Ralph Nader's people filed his paperwork, too. Yeah, but someone lost it or something and he didn't end up on the ballot. That on top of no write-in option really turned me off completely to the political process. I really want there to be a "None of the Above" option. Sure, it won't win, but I'd like to see how popular "No one" would be. I'm almost to the point of not wanting to vote anymore but if I could go in and vote for no one at all, my mood would change.

Anymore of this talk and this thread about the dear George Carlin will get moved to the Political board! lol

whisperwood

Post by whisperwood » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:47 pm

Moira wrote:Well, he did a lot of drugs in the past, and had been alcoholic, and, he himself said, he'd treated his body pretty bad. So he wasn't surprised by the first heart attack. He wasn't laid back, which was one of the reasons he did drugs and drank. He was an angry SOB, which is why I loved him. He didn't hold back; he'd go to extremes to make a point.
Same here. I tend to really like angry comedians... Perhaps I live vicariously through their rage.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:34 pm

Sure, it won't win, but I'd like to see how popular "No one" would be.

Actually, that happened in 2000 with Ralph Nader, . . . which got us Duh-Byah. So, no thanks. Not again. :shock:

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:17 pm

[quote="Hilary the Touched"]. . . and he was inspired in Dogma.[/quote]

Let's not forget he was first in 'Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures'....well, I saw him first in this film. One of Keanu's best, too. But, this site is about Jason Isaacs, so........ ;-)
~marilaine :cool:

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:29 pm

Well this particular thread is about George Carlin not Jason Isaacs (I'm sure Jason will understand!)

Here is to George - we laughed our asses off - thanks dude!!!

whisperwood

Post by whisperwood » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Marie wrote:Here is to George - we laughed our asses off - thanks dude!!!
Cheers!!

Return to “General Forum”