Gavin and Stacey

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Soule

Gavin and Stacey

Post by Soule » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:12 pm

I have just been reading that Gavin and Stacey will be aired in the US on BBC America starting on 26 August 2008.

I will be honest first of all, I am not sure how the humour will translate to overseas.

The above said, I thoroughly advise you watch it, it has been a huge hit here despite being aired only on BBC 3. The show at it's core is an understated comedy love story, where you follow a couple first meeting through to marriage, these guys are the catalyst of the show introducing families and characters that I think just about everyone can relate to in some way. Some areas are hammed up a little for comedy value but on the whole its a very down to earth realistic show. The concept isn't original but it's understated simplistic style makes it shine and funny.

Actors that you may know:

Mathew Horne (The Catherine tate Show and played 'The Fool' in Robin Hood S2 E09)
James Corden (History Boys)
and
Rob Brydon

BBC Link for the show:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/gavinandstacey/

Return to “General Forum”