Movies

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Stealth Pam

Post by Stealth Pam » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:53 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote:Those are lovely images, Pam--Peter always came across so strait-laced.
Peter was not like his characters anymore than Chris. He was playful and sweet, and frankly shy...do you remember how Red Skelton was after his show...he's so out there, and then "may God bless, goodnight!" at the end? Peter was like that...a massive talent, strong personality, then soft as a lamb, like dear Vinnie Price, who lived just blocks away from Chris in Los Angeles in 1979....

I did not meet Vincent, sadly, just talked on the phone at Chris' once, but Chris and he were very close friends and of course I was honored just to say "hi". (They all use to call each other on the phone on the same day to wish birthday greetings, since Peter was born on May 26, Vincent May 27 and Christopher May 27, and I was lucky to be at Chris' home when Vincent called to wish him a mutual HB.)

If cable ever shows it, and you are interested, there is a movie called "House of the Long Shadows" which stars Peter, Vincent, Chris, and John Carradine, with Desi Arnaz as "an American writer who goes to a remote Welsh manor on a $20,000 bet: can he write a classic novel like "Wuthering Heights" in twenty-four hours? Upon his arrival, however, the writer discovers that the manor, thought empty, actually has several, rather odd, inhabitants." It's a comedy, hysterically funny, and the guys lampoon their horror images like crazy.

I've been very, very lucky to meet many actors, thanks to Christopher and my tenure as wife to a studio prop-man, and I've never met one that wasn't a gentleman and a sweetheart. Except for William Shatner, but he's better now that he's aged, ha.

Pam

Return to “General Forum”