Favorite Music!

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, Gillian, Chari910, catloveyes, fruitbat, Helen8, kjshd05, Marie

Sea Lion Woman

Favorite Music!

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:18 pm

I don't think there's a topic for our fave music! Personally, I can't live without it!
In here you can share your fave songs and videos and just music talk!
Here are some songs I'm obsessed with at the moment!

Daydreamin' - Lupe Fiasco ft. Jill Scott
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNh1sO0lFZ4

The Mamas and the Papas - California Dreamin' (God how I love that song!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wI6uAOHzvo

Enjoy girls and post your music here!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:40 am

Ah, one of my favorite topics. I've been listening to a lot of Bob Dylan lately, as well as some reggae and ska.

~me

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:20 am

Angel Tavington wrote:Ah, one of my favorite topics.

~me
I know! Mine too and I couldn't believe there wasn't a music topic here! So I decided to start one!
Ooo Bob Dylan! Never been a big fan :oops: BUT I do like this song called "Things Have Changed"

I've also been obsessed with freakin Radiohead! No one can touch Thom Yorke! He's SO talented! And his fave song is a Bjork song...so that's one point for him :P
Question! In Brotherhood...in the first season...did they put a Radiohead song? Because I remember listening Radiohead's "Everything in its Right Place" but I might be wrong...

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:09 am

For my age I listen to quite old stuff EG Elvis Presley but I am mostly prone to some David Bowie, Soft Cell/Marc Almond, The stranglers...oh and anything with Johnny Depp or Alan Rickman singing eg Sweeney Todd, Cry Baby (JD), Sun aint gonna shine anymore (AR+ annoying woman) oh and the Potion song from Help I'm A Fish!
MM

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:19 am

Well, here's the old lady. I still like Tony Bennett, Jimmy Buffett, Arlo Guthrie. Also some of the Beatles and Rolling Stones.
Absolutely hate Frank Sinatra and will get up and leave the room if he comes on the Radio or TV. Ugh!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:03 pm

And another of the older members, I like Beatles, Clapton, Who, Moody Blues, and Stones, of course, as well as, Macy Gray, Mazzy Star, Seal, and a brief bout in the 90s with G'n'R. When I'm not listening to R'n'R, I listen to classical music, with favorites Chopin, Grieg, Saint-Saens, and Rachmaninov.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:47 pm

Question! In Brotherhood...in the first season...did they put a Radiohead song? Because I remember listening Radiohead's "Everything in its Right Place" but I might be wrong...
Yes, SLW! the song was played at the end of the 2nd episode, if I'm not wrong. My favorite song from the first season is "I fought the law' by the Clash.

"I fought the law and the law won, I fought the law and the law won"

~me

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:27 pm

Mistress wrote: Sun aint gonna shine anymore (AR+ annoying woman)
you mean Juliet Stevenson, the Song from Truly Madly Deeply... I love it
:D

I love to hear Musicals, Sex Pistols and "old" Stuff like Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole... Very Different...

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:38 pm

Angel Tavington wrote: Yes, SLW! the song was played at the end of the 2nd episode, if I'm not wrong
I knew I wasn't crazy! I totally adore that song! It's so...relaxing.
What a great song! Another great Radiohead song is 15 Step from their last album, In Rainbows.
"How come I end up where I started
How come I end up where I went wrong"
Thom Yorke...is amazing.
My ultimate fave song is Bachelorette by Bjork. There is not better song than that one, sorry ladies. No one can compete with Bjork. She's the most original, avant-garde singer out there. Her voice is an instrument itself. From the beginning to the end that song gives me chills.

Oh Angel! Angel and her music affair with The Clash and Rancid! (You like Rancid right?!) lol!
I don't really listen to a lot of classic rock or so-called "old music"...I mean only the Beatles and that's it really. Oh! and Queen. I love Queen.

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:29 am

But Jules if like me, easily hypnotized by the voice of AR...the whole 'Jamie Baby!' thing...to use a common UK phrase: Gets on your wick!!!! :mad:
Forgot to mention a little Brian McFadden, Phantom of the Opera and actually Sweeney Todd in general...unlucky when at a Catholic College the priest makes the odd visit. "It's priest! Have a little priest! Is it really good? Sir it's too good at least! Then again they don't committ sins of the flesh...so it's pretty fresh!"
MM

CeliaBeck

Post by CeliaBeck » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:07 am

That is a select fev:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=sna ... =favorites.

ABBA: I have a dream and the winner takes it all. all songs

Boney M: Rivers of Babylon, all Songs

Genesis, Depp Purple, Queen, Manfred Man, Bargly James Harvest, Yello,
Trail of Tears (Metal :oops: ) Within Temptation, usw. and the Music Videos hear:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =379234597

I LOVE MUSIC!!! :D

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:42 am

OMG CeliaBeck! I love ABBA too! My fave song is Our Last Summer and Slipping Through my Fingers...and S.O.S! and Money, Money, Money....and Chiquitita!
I love them all LOL! OMG I Have a Dream is such a pretty song...but Our Last Summer is too great
"I can still recall our last summer
I still see it all
Walks along the Seine, laughing in the rain
Our last summer, memories that remain"
Awwwwww!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:23 am

Oh Angel! Angel and her music affair with The Clash and Rancid! (You like Rancid right?!) lol!
Totally, two great punk rock bands (though I'm really eclectic). And Rancid was influenced by the Clash!

I have a friend who loves Radiohead, so she got me into their music. Never been a big fan but I listen to them from time to time.

My ultimate fave song is Bachelorette by Bjork.
Bjork...why am I not surpised? *winks*

~me

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:59 am

Angel Tavington wrote: I have a friend who loves Radiohead, so she got me into their music. Never been a big fan but I listen to them from time to time.
I recently became a big Radiohead fan...and it all started with that song they put in Brotherhood. Thanks Brotherhood! That song got stuck in my head forever! lol! I wonder if Mr. Jason likes Radiohead *thinks*

Bjork...why am I not surpised? *winks*
lol :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I love her too much. I have all of her albums in my ipod :oops: and i listen to the everyday :oops:
Listen to it yourself....it's so great!
Bachelorette by Bjork
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z64Ux1a7H0c

Other cool songs I've gotten into are
Strangest Thing I Ever Saw by Kira and the Kindred Spirits (Angel! It's Freja's fave band!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj_ncGNeC-0

Freak on a Leash by Korn (one of the most amazing videos ever!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K27d7Ut5bXo

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:06 pm

Freak on a Leash by Korn (one of the most amazing videos ever!)
OMG, Korn! :D I'm not much into their type of music to be honest, but saw them performing this song live! I had the chance to see their show a few years ago, a dear friend (whom I lost contact with) took me to see the band. Ah, those were good times...

~me