Trying to find: SCARS (directed by Leo Regan)

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Hobbes

Trying to find: SCARS (directed by Leo Regan)

Post by Hobbes » Sun May 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Hey all, a first-time poster here ... :roll:

I've been trying ever-so-hard - for years, in fact - to get ahold of the dramatised documentary 'Scars', by Leo Regan (starring Jason Isaacs in one of the most phenomenal performances I've had the privilege to see him produce).

I saw only the second half of this documentary entirely by chance, and was gutted that I never had the opportunity to see it all. I've tried to find it online, to buy it from whoever might sell it and even tried asking the distribution company themselves (and just about anyone I could think of), all without success - but I'm determined not to give up on this one ... :-(

I don't suppose anyone here has it, do they? Either digitally, on VHS or whatever? To borrow, to buy or to have - blimey, if only to watch the first half would be something! As I say, I would happily return it, or pay for it - but would be so extremely grateful if anyone were kind enough to help me out here.

My sincerest thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. ;-)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Trying to find: SCARS (directed by Leo Regan)

Post by Helen8 » Sun May 06, 2012 11:48 pm

The Scars Forum is here:

viewforum.php?f=16

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed May 09, 2012 9:42 am

Thanks for that response, Helen, but I'm for leaving this here to encourage response (it mightn't get viewed if moved).

I also had a quick shufti online, and couldn't find any hint of sources . . . Hobbes, you mentioned having tried the distributor--is that http://www.kudosproductions.co.uk/tv/1158?

Hobbes

Post by Hobbes » Fri May 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi Hilary - thanks indeed - I confess I did actually look in the 'older projects' subforum first, but as there hadn't been any activity for a few years, like yourself, I hoped the additional footfall here would provide a little more luck ... :???:

It was very kind of you to take a look online - I sincerely appreciate the effort, even if it didn't glean any results. The last place I saw any trace of it was on a torrent site called UKNova - where apparently it was once shared (around about the time it first aired, 2006, I think), but for something that had such limited circulation it's seems pretty much impossible to find anyone who once had it. By posting on here, I was hoping that a 'hail mary' longshot might unearth a VHS recording or ... you know ... CV-2000 tape, or summat ... :roll:
Hilary the Touched wrote:Hobbes, you mentioned having tried the distributor--is that http://www.kudosproductions.co.uk/tv/1158?
That's them, yes - the first time I tried them, they said that they couldn't share it because Channel 4 (I think) had ownership - when I contacted Channel 4, they disagreed and said that the producers (Kudos) held the rights and should be free to distribute it. When I got back in touch with Kudos, they pretty much just stopped responding. By that point, I figured if I tried any harder I would end up as a picture on their office dartboard with zero chance of changing their mind. So I figured I'd leave it a while, try other avenues, and try to talk them 'round at a later date if nothing else worked.

(might: :pig )

inamac

Post by inamac » Sat May 12, 2012 2:55 pm

It was shown at the Shetland Film Festival - so it must be possible to find out who had the rights - I wonder whether the BFI (which often screens one-off documentaries) might have downloads available?

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat May 12, 2012 7:56 pm

I was intrigued by it, and very disappointed that it wasn't anywhere- not even youTube. It sounds like he did a a stellar performance.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:33 am

It's kinda funny you should be looking for Scars, at the very end of the Hikari Takano interview (see "very lengthly interview" in Awake section)-its actually cut off, and I don't know why, but it's how Jason ends the intervew, by talking about Scars and how intense it is. I wish (for ALL our sakes) he had been given the time to maybe tell how/where it's available, but alas, the interview ends quite abruptly. Maybe you could email him through the forum and ask Himself if he knows if/how it can be obtained? Good luck! ln

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue May 29, 2012 12:02 pm

JI said he had searched for it himself and not found it...

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Thunder, you're absolutly right, when I relistened to the interview, I caught him saying that, and cme back here to write just that. I wish the interview had ended with a full sentence, or with some closure eventhough it was entirely wonderful! ln

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue May 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Well, if Jason is listening...err...reading... and he finds a copy of Scars- he has a ready made seller's market. ;^)

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:33 am

you might have more success with the director/producer of this project....Leo R...

in the interview, Jason was asked what was the most difficult role, and first he said Awake, then he said Scars...
I believe this was shown on UK TV, soon after it was made...that was years ago!!!!! It is listed as a documentary...
Im trying to remember all this, its been years, please excuse my faulty memory!!!

When I first saw this, Jason S C A R E D the heck out of me...He is THAT GOOD in this....

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:44 am

I think he made it right about the same time he made State Within...ln

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:45 am

I know the State Within was filmed in Toronto Canada...Scars was filmed, OK, somebody help me out here...knowing it was in the UK....

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:47 am

I remember him talking abut making it during a you tube video, that food heaven and hell one with celery vs. spicy pork patties, I don't remember what it was called "Saturday morning Kitchen" or something...ln

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed May 30, 2012 7:50 am

It's extremely intense. I don't think I've ever seen acting like this. So intense, but he's not overdoing it one second. Very realistic. Such a shame it's not available.

Return to “General Forum”