Staying in the UK?

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

belladisordine

Staying in the UK?

Post by belladisordine » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:56 am

I just read somewhere that JI supposedly reported that he's going to be staying in the UK, I don't know I this is short term to film case histories or long term as in moving back. Just wondering if any of you lovely ladies had heard and to maybe open up a discussion on actors in general moving from place to place so often. I do feel bad for the families having to chose between uprooting their lives and moving or being without their spouse/parent.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Re: Staying in the UK?

Post by Chari910 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:18 am

Where did you hear that from, Bella? I saw many tweets yesterday that Jason was at a school with his daughter checking it out.
Are schools opening already in the UK? Poor kids just got out a few weeks ago from LA schools.

It is long time to be away from his family from Sept-Nov if they are in LA and he is in Edinburgh.

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:42 pm

British state schools (public schools) stay open for a couple more weeks before the summer holidays. Some families who move between the States and the UK choose to put their kids in school for that time where the UK schools go on longer. But the new term doesn't start until September. The last I heard he said the kids were going back to school in LA in the autumn. Maybe they've reconsidered.

belladisordine

Post by belladisordine » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:06 pm

Chari910 wrote:Where did you hear that from, Bella? I saw many tweets yesterday that Jason was at a school with his daughter checking it out.
Are schools opening already in the UK? Poor kids just got out a few weeks ago from LA schools.

It is long time to be away from his family from Sept-Nov if they are in LA and he is in Edinburgh.
I saw it on twitter someone posted they were estatic to hear he was staying in the UK. They worded it as though they had read it in an interview. On one hand it makes sense, but on the other... That is A LOT for the kids, not to mention his mother-in-law to handle and it seemed like more offers we're coming in for him now that he is in LA. I know US schools are funny my kids go in September and get out in June, but other places go in August and get out in May

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:45 pm

I 'm thinking when he did that interview at Wimbeldon last week-ish he said the girls were already enrolled in school in LA for the Sept. session. Time and minds are always subject to change...ln

Return to “General Forum”