Pilot season wish list

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Pilot season wish list

Post by thunder » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:29 pm

Isaacs, meanwhile, has at least four drama offers (including cable).
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/r ... top-418649
According to this, Jason Isaacs is at the top of the list (where else would he be?).

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Pilot season wish list

Post by Marie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Wonderful news. Jason said he was kind of worried that he would not be in such high demand after being in a canceled series but I reminded him that plenty of big names have been in canceled series. Some did not make it a complete season like Awake did. I knew he would be in high demand - he is such a good actor! Lets hope he choses well! :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:39 pm

plenty of big names have been in canceled series

Christian Slater and Kevin Bacon come to mind.

SeattleMel

Post by SeattleMel » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:37 am

See any likely candidates from this list? http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ide-413377

I kinda like this one --

Reckless
Logline: When his wife is unjustly imprisoned during a political uprising overseas, resourceful problem solver David desperately pursues every legal option to secure her release. But when he's stymied by the U.S. government in the name of diplomacy, David is forced to consider less-than-legal options -- entering a world of political intrigue, dangerous alliances and high emotional stakes.

On a side note, I am interested in checking out "The Tomorrow People" a American remake of the British sci-fi show from the 80s. I watched it growing up when a brand new Nickelodeon channel carried a lot of British children's programming. I spent a lot of time trying to convince myself I could "jaunt" (teleport short distances) if I just concentrated in the right way. . .

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:07 am

Hmm...I saw that list earlier. I have to admit I rather randomly wondered if Influence, Doubt, Betrayal, that Reckless that SM mentioned (because it seems like there are two Recklesses on that list?), The Advocates, Anatomy of Violence, Backstrom, Second Sight,The Blacklist,or I Am Victor could be in the running, but-please-just not the one about the robot or the supernatural gun slinger or the other one with an alternate universe (aka man in coma- otherwise he'll find himself type-casted in alternate universes for the rest of his life- no pun intended). Some of those dramas are filmed in far away places (Romania (!) for one? Seriously?) I perked up yesterday when I saw the new NCIS, because they seem to always have a solid cast and enjoyable scripts, but then I saw that John Corbett had been signed as the lead (good for him!). Ah well, I guess we'll see...ultimately I just hope it's on a channel I have...

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:48 am

Well, looking at the list, MY hypothesis would be (like he's sitting reading the drivel that WE write...) that Romania is out because it's Romania and really far away. The few in Chgo MAY work, I remember ER was filmed 98% in LA with a couple days here and there in Chgo for ambience, so if any of those are to his liking, it probably wouldn't mean relocating, but if it meant shooting here, then NOT. I would say no to re-doing anything Awake-like, he's smart enough to never work backwards and always move forwards to new challanges. Hopefully he'll be here for a long, long time being happy in a series he enjoys. Thats our wish for ya Jason - choose well and enjoy! ellen

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:29 am

Doubt
Logline: A former cop who's now a cunning but charming low-rent lawyer uses his street smarts to work the system for his
clients while battling his own demons and wooing his ex-wife.
Sounds a lot like Jackson Brodie if you substitute 'PI' to 'lawyer'.

And these:

Gothica
Logline: A sexy gothic soap set in the present day that weaves together a mythology that incorporates the legends of Dracula, Jekyll and Hyde, Frankenstein and Dorian Gray, among others.

Seems like audience loves supernatural stuff. Jason as Dracula? perfect!

Anatomy of Violence
Logline: A criminal psychologist with an expertise in sociopaths partners with a young, female detective with whom he shares a conflicted past.
Cast:
Team: W/EP Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa, Alex Cary (Homeland)
...Howard Gordaon seems to like Jason a lot..maybe this is one of the offers...

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:31 pm

Love the name Gothica - but Doubt looks like it could have legs with the right cast.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:41 pm

I see many titles that could be a good fit for him:
Doubt
Reckless
Advocates
Anatomy of Violence
Second Sight
The List
Sleepy Hollow
(writers Kurtzman and Orci have a successful series/movie background)
Believe (J.J. Abrahms ditto above)
I Am Victor (creator/writer of House)

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:11 pm

Gothica sounds rather Dark Shadows meets The Munsters. If he goes via Gothica and Vampire, I hope they give him a gloriously long haired wig to go with the pointy teeth. :cool:

Although...Jonathan Rhys-Meyers is supposed to be doing Dracula (a tv series) and then there are the Vampire Diaries, so I hope they don't flood the market with vampires. Hmm-well- that was quite a mental image. lol.

RE: Sleepy Hallow - with our luck he'd be the Headless Horseman and all we'd get to see of his face would be a flaming Jack o' Lantern.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Now, wait just a gosh darn minute. This is Jason Isaacs here, not Jason from Friday the 13th, in preferably a long lasting TV/cable series...no long wigs, NO pointy teeth or ears, this isn't a movie where he's going for over the top it's...just Jason doing the thing he likes doing best (?)-straight drama with a lot of heart (and a bit of comic relief thrown in for good measure). I'm sure there's something in his hot little hands he can work his magic with. Whichever he chooses to do will take him down the path he is supposed to go down, to lead him to the next place he's supposed to be (metaphysically speaking). B'hatzlacha, ellen *wonder if he took one of those parts as a lawyer, will he be as bored as he said he would have been had he actually gone on to become a lawyer?

SeattleMel

Post by SeattleMel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:20 am

I was looking with interest at some of the directors since, yeah, actors and directors/writers seem to re-team all the time.

So, with that in mind . . .

Howard Gordon, like you mention. The only other fan past I have is when XFiles was on and Gordon was one of 10 or so regular directors under Chris Carter.

I see Kyle Killian has been given a third shot at a series

Hart Hansen - but the physical description is a miss.
Backstrom Logline: Based on the Swedish book series about an overweight, offensive, irascible detective as he tries, and fails, to change his self-destructive behavior.

Someone named Davey Holmes who was part of Awake

And this one citing part of the team as "EP Alfonso Cuaron" :D
Believe Logline: An unlikely relationship develops between a young girl with a gift and a man sprung from prison who has been tasked with protecting her from the evil elements that hunt her power.
Probably not his thing, but I can visualize it pretty well.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:17 am

Believe sounds interesting but I wonder about the 'unlikely relationship' , do they mean a romantic one?
How YOUNG is that young girl anyway ?
It could work for Jason if it's more like father/daughter relationship. He is so great with young kids it's always magical on screen.
They have to give him a wand to fight the 'Evil elements'', how else can a muggle protect her? LOLOL.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:59 am

And if the wand is in, then I'm sure the Blonde Wig will want in on the action, how else can it redeem itself?

*giggles...*

In all seriousness, I'm sure these folks change their minds about the physical descriptors all of the time. They could - on a whim - just as easily suddenly be casting a woman. And - in reality - what to Hollywood is "overweight" sometimes is like normal person size to the rest of us... you know...someone who won't snap in half if you hug them. There are few genuinely overweight actors out there with name recognition and talent who are not currently in a sitcom/series, like John Goodman, but are there enough that would have the draw to successfully compete for a new series?

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:09 pm

Now, you KNOW those wigs belong to WB and are on tour...

Return to “General Forum”