Meanwhile, back at the ranch....(part two)

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

fruitbat

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....(part two)

Post by fruitbat » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:37 pm

Am I a bad (lost) girl?

Yesterday, I finally got down to it and started to cull my book collection. Among the books I will be donating to Goodwill are the Case Histories books. I actually felt a little guilty, but the truth is, somethings got to give..... :-(

I will be keeping all Jason dvds, of course. I'm not a complete traitor. (Ok, ok. I left my copy of Peter Pan at my sister's because my niece liked it so much, although I am sure she has not re-watched it.)

Fellow Lost Girls, where do you keep all your Jason-related goodies? Have you all got woman-caves? (It's the opposite of man-cave, but both terms sound creepy, like where serial killers hide their prey.)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Meanwhile, back at the ranch....(part two)

Post by Helen8 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:37 pm

Nah. I just buy more book shelves and DVD racks. :hit It's less a cave and more a crowded office. At this rate, I'll end up on a future ep. of Hoarders buried under stacks of Jason stuff. :dunce

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:58 am

:lol I can imagine...
Well, I live by myself, so my whole appartment is my cave.
But I have a hobby room/office where I keep my JI-things, in between the other mess. I have a rather big DVD/Bluray Collection (800 - 900 Movies, I think, it covers a wall), and it's semi-organized, but I don't have a Jason-section in there. I know where to find them, though. :bag:

And I have a signed/personalized picture of Jackson Brodie on the wall. :oops:

It's nice to share the joy with others, Fruitbat. :D

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:25 am

Great topic, fruitbat. :D

Living in a mini-apartment, it is difficult to store JI parafernalia, but I can say that:

- My wardrobe now has more JI items than clothes. The DVD piles always tumble when I try to pick up something to dress.

- Some DVDs can be found on the dinning table, others at the end of my bed (they go overboard sometimes, on very tormented nights), under the bedside lamp and on the floor next to the bedside table.

I've stored a few items in the fridge (by mistake or on purpose). Some of them were food (DIG related) and by mistake a DVD of The Patriot (looked everywhere for it desperately until I needed to open a packet of sliced salami). It recovered brilliantly from the faux pas and blue eyes have never looked more piercing! ;-)

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:44 am

I kept all the DVDs and Audio Books but I've also let go of any books (except a Peter Pan Movie Book. I have a large storage tube that keeps posters (yes I know they should all be adorning the walls but I'm not sure DH would not retaliate with Resident Evil posters so I'm not chancing it.) All the toys and clippings are in a large drawer dedicated to himself - it reminds me (a little) of the cupboard of shame - because what adult woman (knocking on the old age door) has action figures, magazines and playbills in a drawer.

My office at home is also my guest room (has a murphy bed) so I can't be keeping a lot of things in there - although I do have my Harry Potter books on shelves there! One of my bedrooms was turned into a giant dream closet for me (I LOOOOOve it!) And I will admit to having more than a few Jason photo's that have been autographed - hanging up on the walls or happily peeping out of purse cubby holes. Thankfully that does not bother my DH as he stays out of the woman's closet!!!!!

I only have one autographed photo of Jason and I - in a bookcase at work - and it amuses me to no end when people ask - "is that your husband?" Why yes don't all husbands autograph a picture of themselves and their wife? OK OK - I admit the picture of Jason and I is an 8 x 10 and the picture of DH and myself is a 3 x 4..... (hangs head in shame....)

;-) Marie

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:16 pm

LOL, Marie!

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:23 am

Tosca Nini wrote:Great topic, fruitbat. :D

Living in a mini-apartment, it is difficult to store JI parafernalia, ...
Tosca, I refer to mine as "bijou", which is French for "freakishly tiny condo". :-(
Marie wrote:...

I only have one autographed photo of Jason and I - in a bookcase at work - and it amuses me to no end when people ask - "is that your husband?" Why yes don't all husbands autograph a picture of themselves and their wife? OK OK - I admit the picture of Jason and I is an 8 x 10 and the picture of DH and myself is a 3 x 4..... (hangs head in shame....)

;-) Marie
I made the mistake of reading this when I was talking to my mum on the phone. I read it as "I admit the picture of Jason and I......is DH", and it sounded like you were telling your colleagues that it was picture of you and your husband. :shock:

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Tosca, I refer to mine as "bijou", which is French for "freakishly tiny condo". :-(
::rofl

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:59 pm

Ha!

Like Thunder, my cave is my very own (very small) space. Tbh- I don't have that much JI stuff except for some movies and tv shows. (And if I don't care for the movie, I don't keep it…) I did try to buy a Lucius Malfoy wand at the King's Cross 9 3/4 store a couple of weeks ago - but no luck - no wands available. boooo!!

I try to keep it in check, so lately I've been downloading movies from itunes or Amazon, or netflixing them. Now I will only buy DVDs if I really, really, really like the movie or tv show. I actually just gave away a whole bunch of movies I haven't watched in ages. I've been downloading movies lately because when I travel I don't want to drag around extra weight, when I can just have copies on my mac or my ipod.

I've been doing the same thing for fiction. I will buy kindle versions, unless I know that I will re-re-re-read a book or it's a favorite author. Plus, I already have about…4.5 bookcases of academic books, plus two bookcases for fiction. If the fiction starts to crawl out of the case, then it's time for a cull. And I try not to buy too many magazines because they feel so… ephemeral...

But I do tend to aquire little toys that wind up living on my desk or weird, fun little things relating to ancient Egypt or archaeology. Oh, and music. I tend to get a little but overexcited in music stores. I think that the thing that mostly overwhelms me is paper - I have a giant shredding project that I've been doing a little bit at a time.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:39 am

And . . . a big THANK YOU to Lady Sekhmet for getting this board hopping again. :hands Be GONE, crickets!! nuke.gif

Welcome back from your travels, Lady S!

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:07 pm

I should've added: "So, no, I don't think that you're a bad fangirl at all!"

That's me! Cricket repellent! lol. Since I've been back I've slowly been getting my fall projects in order... :ninja

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:34 am

I have enough space in my house that I have been able to squirrel away a fair amount of JI-related stuff without entirely exasperating my husband.
A couple of months ago, a local gallery posted an invitation for people to apply to exhibit their "collections from North of Normal."
I felt that mine pretty well qualified, and apparently the curator concurred, so I'll have two vitrines of Jason Isaacs memorabilia (honestly, a lot of it is souvenirs of Lost Girls gatherings as much as JI), a shelf of books and (empty) DVD (cases), posters and framed photos, and these guys (the pedestals were pretty small, so I was unable to include many of the accoutrements their kind custodians so generously included when they returned 'em on loan :-( ):

Sorry for the shite photo quality--they're right next to a window.
Our opening reception is this Thursday! Come on by (you can also see a sampling of one man's collection of 2,000 Smurfs)!
edited (on Photobucket. Cripes I hate Photobucket :pc)

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:04 pm

I right-clicked on the photos to "open in new tab" in order to see the full pic.(I was missing out on Chaz in the first shot.) Also, apparently, if you go to "reply" and scroll down to see the original message, you get the whole pic in. (You really need to see them all together to get the full effect.)

"Hilary the Touched"; well named, I see.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:48 pm

Fabulous, Hilary! Did you tweet the photo to Jason? He will love to see that!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:14 pm

Thanks for clarifying that, Fruitbat--I kept croppin' 'em down in Photobucket, but poor Cherry kept getting her arm chopped off...
Char, I was hoping to tweet him a gallery announcement, but so far I haven't found a link to one. :-(

Return to “General Forum”