Festive fundraiser

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Vintage1983

Festive fundraiser

Post by Vintage1983 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:20 pm

Greetings Ladies!

Sorry I am largely a lurker. Life happens. For those in the UK Ofsted also happen (school Inspectors, not a pleasant business).

Those of you who know my shenanigans from Twitter may already be aware a couple of times a year I encourage the basement to support a cause that Jason is involved with. Last time I spoke to him, he suggested we might like to support https://www.cure-eb.org/cure-eb/ this Christmas.

He has kindly given us some autographs that will be up for grabs and we have a few other ideas/artwork etc. Last year I abseiled down a bridge in the snow. I fear my health will not allow daredevil stunts this year, but I hope we can top last year's total. We had a competition or two and I make Hello Kitty versions of film/TV characters. (Hello Kitty Tavington is an interesting clash of genre).

Anyway, we usually have some fun on the way and I would love you ladies to get involved. I'm currently throwing it out for suggestions and I am hugely open to (and grateful for) ideas.

All contributions, not purely financial are very welcome and appreciated.
Feel free to find me on Twitter @Vintage1983V or in the team basement Facebook group, or contact me here. I will endeavour to check in more regularly.

Love and best wishes,
Vin x

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Festive fundraiser

Post by thunder » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:24 am

Excellent, Vin. Glad teambasement are using your enthusiasm for Jason to do good. Thanks for letting us join in. If I get a good idea, I'll let you know. :D :hug

Vintage1983

Post by Vintage1983 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:33 am

Thank you!
We've managed to raise about £3500 shared between British Red Cross, Lumos and GOSH in the last 18 months.
Ideas are always welcome. (ideas very welcome, this is our fourth event and it gets harder to think of new things!)
A bit disappointed I won't manage any daredevil stuff this year, but my body is refusing to play along!

Vintage1983

Post by Vintage1983 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:03 pm

https://twitter.com/Vintage1983V/status ... 82528?s=19
If anyone wants to get involved drop in on Twitter.
Autographs, posters and tat all up for grabs.

Just Giving link if anyone is up for donating!
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/andrea-davies23

Thanks, guys x

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:56 am

Thanks, Vin :hug

Return to “General Forum”