Inside of You Podcast

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Inside of You Podcast

Post by thunder » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:23 am

A very long interview with Jason, I haven't seen it yet, because I'm stuck in a video meeting at work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ing2LLywmLo

I expect it to be good, at least, it's long. :mrgreen:

Edit: It turned out, the host is Jason's costar from Sweet November. (Michael Rosenbaum) They naturally talked about that, but also about acting in general. Nothing very new, but I liked the interview. It's separated into different sections, make sure you catch all of Jason's bits. :D

Anniemouse

Re: Inside of You Podcast

Post by Anniemouse » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:15 am

Well I really enjoyed that. Just realised who Michael Rosenbaum is so that was a great interview.

Things that I did not know.

Jason and Emma and the IVF
The secret wedding that must have been a suprise for the family
That Jason seems to not over learn his lines. I wonder if that is why his work seems so fresh.
His Mam and Dads marraige which made me sad.
He is always a very open person

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:36 pm

Thanks for posting this interview, thunder.

Did not know that he was intimidated by Alan Rickman. For me, Alan was the reason I read the HP books and saw the movies because I was a big fan of his since Barchester Chronicles and Die Hard.Yup! That's me and my affinity for British actors who play villains. :roll:

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:23 am

Spoilers.

Yes I thought that was an interesting quote about Alan Rickman who I first saw in Truly, Madly, Deeply and that when Jason was in drag for Sweet November he thought he looked like the 1960's version of his mum. ::rofl

By the way I think I have an idea as to which series Jason was wanted for by the writer/producer in 2007.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:38 pm

By the way I think I have an idea as to which series Jason was wanted for by the writer/producer in 2007.

Well. Give it up. We wanna know! :rave

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:30 am

I am not sure but I do have a theory I do not know if that is ok to post

servalan

Post by servalan » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:50 pm

Anniemouse wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:15 am
Well I really enjoyed that. Just realised who Michael Rosenbaum is so that was a great interview.

Things that I did not know.

Jason and Emma and the IVF
The secret wedding that must have been a suprise for the family
That Jason seems to not over learn his lines. I wonder if that is why his work seems so fresh.
His Mam and Dads marraige which made me sad.
He is always a very open person
Jason, Emma & the IVF was made public on the DVD of Passionada, during the extra where the actors talk about making the film. Jason's co-star Sofia Milos made mention of it in conversation with him - and I assume he was willing to have it on the DVD or else he would have asked for it not to be.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:59 am

As long as your “Theory” is not info that Jason gave someone in confidence - then by all means feel free to theorize - we do it all the time!

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:05 am

No, I just checked a show on its timeline against Jason's schedule at the time with Brotherhood.

Never met Jason so no conflict of interest.

Could it be Mad Men.

servalan

Post by servalan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:18 pm

I had a listen this afternoon. I didn't realise their marriage was so sudden!

I loved Jason's tale of HP actors telling stories to each other while they waited for the rain to stop.

(I'm very glad it was possible to skip the prolonged advert for the sponsor!)

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:35 pm

I didn't realise their marriage was so sudden!
or that they told no one.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:00 pm

I remember for years that we were never sure if they were actually legally hitched--every other interview would identify Emma as Jason's partner (which of course she always was)...
That interview was a lot of fun. I am mystified by how flattering Michael Rosenbaum and Jason were about Keanu Reeves--MR's impression of him was absolutely spot on. I have never been impressed by his acting (I think he peaked in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure), and I thought he was miserably miscast in Sween Norverber.
(Michael was great though, and I'm glad to know he and JI had fun doing it.)

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:57 pm

Anyone else wich they could see the entire section that Jason and Michael filmed. It sounds amazing. Jason has a real gift for comedy.

Jason is an interesting person. He seems to love acting; has little time for fame and I find it fascinating that although he is an open person, his real private life such as Emma and the kids and his issues are something he shares on his terms.

I have heard a few times from interviews how he might have made a mistake not working on the big Hollywood blockbusters, but he does not seem the type that would trade success for being able to work on passion projects and having a normal life.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:04 pm

I have never been impressed by his acting

The ONLY time I have found Keanu Reeves funny was in I Love You to Death. He finally played the space cadet believably funny. And that might have been only because William Hurt was so spot on in his performance that it rubbed off on Reeves.

There. I've said my piece.

servalan

Post by servalan » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:24 am

Jason is never rude about his co-stars though. He wisely keeps whatever negative thoughts he has about any individual to himself. It doesn't do to badmouth people you might have to act with, or who might be best mates with someone who can get you an acting part.

However he has frequently said that there are some badly behaved prima donnas in the business, but naming no names.

Return to “General Forum”