weird Instagram DM re Jason

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

LadySekhmet

weird Instagram DM re Jason

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:34 pm

Hi all!

I hope all of you are well!

I haven't forgotten you all, time just sort of got away from me. One moment it was somewhere not in August 2022, and then suddenly it was August 2022...yikes.

So I got an especially weird DM through Instagram this evening. While I'm used to those weird fake celebrity accounts ("Tom Hiddleston," "Sebastian Stan," and "Jason Isaacs" -- I could only be so lucky that the real ones would want to talk to me. :cool: :lol :lol :lol ) trying to message me (probably to see how readily I will give them my cc info, or bank account, or Social Security number, or whatever scam of the moment they are running :roll: ), and I generally just ignore them, this one has a twist. (So far this week, I've had both a psychic want to tell me something "very important," and some random person text me about diamonds, so I am feeling somewhat popular this week. hahaha!)

A woman followed my IG account and then messaged me from a private Instagram account informing me that Jason had hired her to let all of his fans know that he wouldn't create a separate IG account to privately message people...and then she gave me some sort of random gmail email address that is supposedly "Jason's" private email that I could email "him" at in order to talk with him (While I think that I am an interesting person, I'm fairly certain Jason has zero desire to actually waste his time emailing me. I suspect he has better things to do with his life than to interact with me. lol :pig ). She then also attached a photo of her supposed messages with him. Her account is private and I can't see what she's actually posted or who she follows or who follows her. She specifically said that she found my account name by going through his comments- I mean... that's a lot of time, work and dedication. Kudos to her for that type of effort.

I'm not too worried about this (maybe this was the "important" thing the psychic was trying to tell me about :lol :lol ), but I just want to put it out there that people should be wary of any one randomly hunting you down to say that they have Jason's ear and they've upped the ante this time around by providing a supposed "private" email address. He probably isn't too impressed by those folks either. Stay safe out there on the interwebs, folks!

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: weird Instagram DM re Jason

Post by thunder » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:14 am

Thanks for the warning.

That doesn't sound like something Jason would to... I hope no one is scamed or hurt by her. :shock:

Anniemouse

Re: weird Instagram DM re Jason

Post by Anniemouse » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:21 pm

Thank you for letting me know about this.

Return to “General Forum”