Poor Jason

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

snape

Poor Jason

Post by snape » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:16 am

Oh Jeez,
Football's coming home and where is Jason????

I really hope he isn't in USA or Canada, but in good old England and can sit down with a fine good brown Ale or Bitter and watch Football World Championship.

I'm very sorry, I think the next 4 Weeks I don't find the time to watch any films.... (exept during the weekend-daytime...) and then I go for two weeks to Ireland... :-)

Switzerland will be the champion!!! ;-)

Yours Snape

eternal student
Location: The beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland, my Maryland

Post by eternal student » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:34 am

Actually, the US will have full coverage of the World Cup--basic cable stations like ESPN, ESPN2 (fondly referred to as "the deuce"), and ABC will offer ALL games! I'm sure Canadian TV will also offer full coverage.

Daughter & I sat down yesterday with the special WC section of the Washington Post & chose teams to root for.

It's not the most popular sport in the US (American football, basketball, and baseball lead), but we're a sports-obsessed culture. Last time around, I recall several of my students coming to class exhausted because they had stayed up all night watching WC games. And it wasn't just the foreign students!!

AussieJo

Post by AussieJo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:06 am

OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA!

[Runs around in circles flapping her arms with her jumper pulled over her head....until she slams into a wall]

Everyone's going quite mad here, seeing as we've qualified for the first time in 28-or-something years (after enduring FIFA's bullshit rigged qualification system and a couple of hearbreaking losses).

I don't like soccer, and even I'm looking forward to it!

AussieJo

Post by AussieJo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:07 am

Oh, and God I hope we play the Poms......and beat them!

There would be partying in the streets and a national holiday declared if THAT happened!

snape

Post by snape » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:34 am

AussieJo wrote:OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA! OSTRAYA!

[Runs around in circles flapping her arms with her jumper pulled over her head....until she slams into a wall]
I'm laughin, too good!!!!! Hahahahaha

And REMEMBER: TWO of your National Player, Scott Chipperfield and Mile Sterjowsky, are playing in my favourite Team: FC Basel!!!! Yeah!!!!

But if Jason is in America, he has to work during daytime.. thats the problem. And as an Englishman (well and I hope he is Liverpool supporter) he would be better in England... :-)

Yours Snape

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:23 am

Jason loves technology - I'm betting he has TIVO..............

snape

Post by snape » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:39 am

Sorry, what's TIVO??????

I look through my magic Kristall ball... hehehe ;-)

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:52 am

Snape, TIVO is a magic crystal ball!!

No not really---it's sort of...um...like an auxiliary computer you hook up with your TV, is that a fair description? (I don't actually have it--you have to buy the box and then pay a broadcast fee each month.) And then you program it to save things for you, and you can watch whenever you like. I believe it lets you save a program on one channel while watching something on another. One of its most popular attributes is that it allows you to watch shows without having to sit through the commercials.

Yeah, I'm afraid that's what you'd have to do if you wanna see Oz in the finals, old girl--hallucinations accompanying head trauma.
I'm stuck with DH's fixation, but BritKay says it's fortunate he's an England supporter--I wont' have to watch too many!

My vote? Italy--I'd watch Totti clean his oven. :adore

snape

Post by snape » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:51 am

Okay, in that case I know what TIVO is. We have that in Switzerland and France too, but I don't like to take it in France, cause they offer mostly French channels (logically) and I don't speak so good French and I watch only Swiss and German Channels

and you think Italy wins??????

No, I don't think so. I would be very happy, but I think Brasil will win.

(Did you know that the Brasilians were in Switzerland? They played a Match in Basel)

Okay, I'm very happy that Jason is Football suporter... Thats fine :-)
And Liverpool is great. We played against them in Champions League 2003. Little FC Basel, perhaps Jason remembers (hope so!)

And you know Totti???? he is quit sexy, not very intelligent, but thats not importand, he has to play football.. hehehe

So, finish work and will have a beer, cheers!

Yours, Snape

Return to “General Forum”