FWM scheduled to be part of SXSW FILM FEST (Austin TX)

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

FWM scheduled to be part of SXSW FILM FEST (Austin TX)

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:21 am

http://www.austin360.com/movies/content ... 6sxsw.html

Sorry, I couldn't figure out the schedule from that page, but there ya go.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:27 pm

You weren't the only one.

Isn't Austin, Texas home to one Harry Knowles of AICN fame? I think this is one of those things he likes to attend.

Yeah, I know. Personally I'd be more excited if Jason were going but hey, you never know.

KitR

SXSW

Post by KitR » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:15 pm

Hi,
I guess I am sort of a lurker on this board. I just wanted to pass this along...

I've been assigned to take photos at this event. If on the off-chance Jason Isaacs attends, I will be sure to post any photos my paper does not use.

Kit

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:22 pm

Thank you, Kit..hope he does..

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:23 pm

Kit!!!!
Thank you so much for thinking of us--we would be delighted to have any new images of Jason Isaacs shared with us!
I hope it's an exciting event for you, and thanks again!

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:01 pm

Oh Kit..that would be absolutely fantastic...and I envy you before hand...also thank you for any pics you may have of handsome Jason Isaacs for us!! :D

Thank you so much,

Kate

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:47 pm

That's might neighbourly of you, Kit. We appreciate you thinking of us and love to see some of your pics, even if Jason doesn't show. After all it's not often one gets an inside scoop. Who knows, you may even get wind beforehand. Iffen you do I hope it's not out of line to ask that you pass that on. Austin's not that far from some of our girls and it might give them a chance for some red carpet spotting.

BTW, the SXSW website has posted the film schedule. You can see the listing for FWM here ...

http://2006.sxsw.com/film/screenings/film/F4894.html

KitR

Post by KitR » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:54 pm

Well, we still have no definite word as to whether or not Mr. Isaacs will be at SXSW. My guess at this point is probably not. I have been told to concentrate on the musicians that are attending. So I probably won't have much of anything of interest to the readers of this board. But you never know. Wish me luck!
Kit :weed

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:07 pm

Dear Kit, thanks for the update. I'm interested to read that, at a FILM festival, they'd like you to concentrate on the musicians. But never mind--I'm certainly more familiar with Austin's rep as a music town than a movie center, so whatev.
Mr. Isaacs does seem embroiled in something demanding at present, and we will understand if he can't make it to this, though he did seem interested in supporting it for Sundance.
Regardless, I hope you have a blast, and that everybody's nice to you, and that you take some great pics--and share 'em with us!! We're equal opportunity gawkers, we'll look at all kinds pipple! (If there are great ones your paper DOES use, give us the link and we'll go look at 'em on the paper's site)

KitR

Post by KitR » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:27 pm

I guess technically it is a film and music festival. They always have a bunch of bands performing there. The bands come from all over the world, usually the most energetic and outrageous ones are from Japan. In fact Ray Davies is to be there as well although I don't believe he is performing. Like I said hopefully I will get some good photos otherwise I intend to enjoy the parties.
I am planning on attending the screening of Friends With Money, I believe it is Sunday. I'm getting ready to head out, I will let you know how things go.
Kit

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:34 pm

Well I, for one, am not adverse to hearing your stories about outrageous Japanese musicians. Or the latest goings-on of Ray Davies. So if it doesn't make syndication, or provoke litigious action, you can always share here.
I guess technically it is a film and music festival.
Don't forget SXSW Interactive! It's like the new Mecca for web development, design and technology.

HURRRR!!

(Jesus, I'm a geek!)

KitR

Post by KitR » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:50 am

I'm back, much too early. I had to leave Austin about an hour before the Friends With Money screeningyesterday. Our four year old daughter was running in the house and slipped and fell right through a window in our family room. It's an older home and we have these floor to ceiling windows. My husband had her taken to the emergency room and she now has 6 stitches on the underside of one arm and an additional 10 or so down her side. We were told that she was one very lucky little girl. She of course wanted her Mommy!
I did not really see anyone associated with the film while I was there. So I don't feel too bad about leaving, but I really had wanted to see the film.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:18 am

Oh Kit, that is horrifying!!! I'm so glad the accident wasn't worse! At her age, her skin will heal beautifully, and in ten years it will just make for interesting stories, but her poor mommy and daddy! Our very best wishes for comfort to all three of you!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:18 pm

Kit, that's terrible! I'm so sorry to hear it! I'm just glad to hear that she's alright though (as much as she can be under the circumstances). She's very lucky not to have cut any major arteries.

Hugs to both you and her.

KitR

Post by KitR » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:58 pm

Thank you both so much! Yes, she seems to be fine, her stitches are a little itchy, but otherwise she seems to be ignoring them. Much better than me. We were lucky, we still don't know how she managed to miss any arteries or major veins. Someone must have been watching out for her!! Sadly this will be the first SXSW that I have missed in 6 years. Of course, last year Robert Plant was there, he would have been hard to top! Oh well, if I get assigned anything else pertinent or maybe get an opportunity to interview Mr. Isaacs about any pending film work I will let you guys have a discreet scoop!

Return to “Jason Isaacs's Film, TV and Theatre Library”