Friends with Money: Finally saw it last night!

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

mariagare

Post by mariagare » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:30 pm

This movie will always be known in my household as the movie with the most cringeworthy sex scene ever. <shudders>

I loathe Catherine Keener's style of acting but I recall cool relationship moments in my life that were reminiscent of the contemptuous exchanges between Christine and David. Doesn't matter how hot your husband is, sometimes you still want to sew shrimp into all of his suit hems. :bat

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:47 am

a few months ago, everytime I turned on the TV, FWM was on....
I got sick of seeing it constantly...not one of my fav Jason roles, but
he does a great job...he admitted he disagreed with the director, at the time of filming, how his character should be, but I think he generated
a terrific performance....he agreed he was wrong and the director
was right....LOL

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:49 am

Doesn't matter how hot your husband is, sometimes you still want to sew shrimp into all of his suit hems.
:lol

Anniemouse

Re: Friends with Money: Finally saw it last night!

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:22 am

Watched this today; I am still not 100% sure what to think of this movie. Jason was interesting but his character was strangly loathsome. Not a lot seemed to happen enjoyed reading the posts on this thread, the reviews are way better than anything I could write about this project. Interesting that Jason disagread with the director.

Not one of my favourites but Jason was great as usual and I glad I have seen it.

I have a few hours to think about this and I wonder if I had issues with this as I just did not believe the ladies would be friends with each other. They all seemed so condescending towards Olivia. Also having thought about it the relationship between David and Christine did not ring true and I am not entirely sure why.

I have thought again about Jason's character David. I still think he is not the most likable of people but Christine did not even notice he had shave 3 weeks earlier so they were probably not in a great place.

Return to “Jason Isaacs's Film, TV and Theatre Library”