So what did you all think?

This BBC/BBC America miniseries, filmed in Toronto, was broadcast on 2 November 2006 on BBC1 in the UK, and in the US in February 2007.

Moderators: fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius, kate, again

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

So what did you all think?

Post by Marie » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:19 am

I won't give anything away - so no spoilers necessary!

Even my husband loves it. We watched it until quite late last night (thought we would just tape it and watch it later - but we could not stop watching it!!!!!)

My only complaint is that sometimes the production values were not top notch and I had trouble hearing the actors. Some scenes - the voices came accross muffled.

We can hardly wait for the final next Sat.

WHEN is Jason going to get a decent love scene? (Let me qualify that - with a woman!) Geez between The Last Don II, Brotherhood and now The State Within ....... At least Passionada was ... well ... more passionate - but it was not very graphic by any means. Our boy deserves better!!!

Cheers,
Marie

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:53 pm

The love scene in Episode 5 is not bad. Was it shown yet? Although part of it maybe cut.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:03 pm

Char - no I think we have seen 1-4. 5&6 are to be shown on Saturday.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:39 pm

I guess I kinda spoiled myself having watched the UK DVD version as much as I have. I kept saying, "hey, a scene was edited out completely or edited slightly"...Unfortunately, it seems they have been editing Mr Jason scenes...oh well, I guess the difference between here and across the pond...I think the story remains intact, and I will buy the US DVD just to see the differences...I dont like all the commercials, and yes, episode 5 ad 6 will be this Saturday...Lets see if that love scene gets
edited...There is a bit of nudity involved...No, not Mr Jason! LOL

Return to “The State Within”