Is the broadcast Nov. 2 on BBC1

This BBC/BBC America miniseries, filmed in Toronto, was broadcast on 2 November 2006 on BBC1 in the UK, and in the US in February 2007.

Moderators: fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius, kate, again

Malfoy Grandma

Is the broadcast Nov. 2 on BBC1

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:09 am

I have read all the stuff in this category and find two dates, one for Nov 2 on BBC1 and one for Nov9 on regular BBC. I of course cannot get regular, but have the BBC1 with the subscription to Showtime bought for me to watch Brotherhood. Hope I am not misreading this as I really am looking forward to seeing JI as a regular nonpathogenic character. In several interviews he seems to want such a part badly and wishes for a series equal to West Wing, which is probably what State Within can be if it has the creative genius of a guy like began WW.......hope this comes true for him!

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:22 am

MG, do you mean BBC America?? I don't think we can get BBC One in the US. And yes, the 1st episode is on Nov 2nd.

Malfoy Grandma

Thanks!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:47 am

Yes, I think I mean BBCAmerica! Old dummy here. I appreciate all the help I get. :oops:

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:00 am

You're no dummy MG. Stop being so critical of yourself. Besides it's an easy mistake to make, especially if you don't watch BBC America on a regular basis. I was under the impression too until I found out otherwise.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:18 pm

MG, I'm going to have to join in with Gillian--your curiosity, interest, and persistence in mastering new stuff is inspirational.

We did originally post a broadcast date of November 9 for the first episode of this miniseries on the BBC, because that's what we'd read; that was corrected to November 2 (though Servalan reports that it's delayed by one day in Scotland, in order to accommodate broadcast of a SOCCER game--tchuh!).
This series is a co-production with BBCAmerica, however, and when I e-mailed them to ask, the reply said that they anticipate broadcasting this in the U.S. in February, but could not be more specific.

Return to “The State Within”