New video interview of the Director..in Spanish

A fencing Jason Isaacs--in tights, no less!! Sorry--a historical drama concerning machinations and maneuverings in the court of Spain's Philip II, erstwhile husband to England's Queen Mary Tudor and dispatcher of the ill-fated Armada. Velvet and ruffed collars. Unfortunately, it appeared only sporadically in theatres, and is tough to find even on DVD.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius, kate, again

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:41 am

What is this thing about his feet? :scratch I never really paid any attention to Michael Caffee's feet. I was more worried about what's wrong with his cabeza. (His is no worse than Tommy's though. Shhhhhh!)
Besides, his eyes and his smile always have my attention. *gushing* :oops: ("Don't even go there!")
~Ml :adore

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:54 am

Hmm..is there an Antonio Perez doll in the making??

This is the only one that shows his feet:

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:12 pm

Hmm..is there an Antonio Perez doll in the making??

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:43 pm

Geezz...thanks Hilary!
Since english is not my first language...it's always really hard to translate something that long..and make it look..natural and conversational (or watever!)..
Thanks for the compliments! and whenever you guys need anything else translated, I'll be here..happy to help. :D

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:29 am

thanx LCP for the translation, you did a terrific job...

Char, fabulous caps as always

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Ooh, love the new pic. Not really a closeup of him, and the d/l took forever :snore , but it was well worth it. *sigh*
iTe amo, Jason Isaacs! :adore
Thanks again, Chari. Great photo. ~Ml :cool:

whisperwood

Post by whisperwood » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:29 am

Is it sad I'd enjoy an Antonio Perez doll more for the costume than the Jason Likeness? I have issues, haha.

Char, you are a Goddess :D

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Another comment from the Director

Post by Chari910 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:13 am

My intention as director of this film was, firstly, make a historical movie, who speaks of palace intrigues and the power struggle in the period of greatest glory of the kingdom of Spain. One time singularísima, which is preparing the new concept of land and the cosmos, but also an era of wars and calamities.

About this time and their king, Philip II, have written hundreds and hundreds of books throughout Europe, therefore, that what we filmed here is not an isolated event and unknown…

I wanted to make a police thriller-politician who, without missing the rigour era (sixteenth century), get trapped by the viewer also be a show for the very young can learn the story of an enjoyable, fun and even didactic. This is a film genre, quality, entertaining, adventure, with a sword duels, ambushes, horseback chases and big clashes between the protagonists that enhance the two love stories that recount. One full of tenderness and great love and another of carnal desire, eroticism, ambition, greed and betrayal. Thus, we will try to attract all possible targets. Rhodes major film actors and magnificent scenery and unique at the time, led by the incomparable setting of El Escorial, putting special emphasis on photography, music and especially the screenplay, will make public interest hosting us or show us their idleness because it is a Spanish film… I hope to see without prejudice and then we judge.
But above all, has been instrumental work, effort and love that have put most of the people who accompany me on this adventure far from easy, which is making films in Spain in this era we live in (the Twenty-first Century) .

If you amounts to this adventure sure you contagious our work, enthusiasm, strength and love of cinema, because only love can be taken up with an effort so colossal as' The spell of El Escorial. Making a movie like this has been for me an act of love…

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:38 am

thank you Char for the translation, and I already know which love story
Mr Jason is part of ....LOL....(the second one ladies)....
Last edited by kjshd05 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “La Conjura de El Escorial (aka The El Escorial Conspiracy)”