Skeletons on BBC2

This independent British production concerns the adventures of a pair who provide mysterious services to couples contemplating marriage. It was a festival favourite in 2010 and is available on DVD.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

servalan

Skeletons on BBC2

Post by servalan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:42 pm

The film is on BBC2 this Saturday (15 Jun 2013) at 11.40 p.m., so chance for any UK viewers who haven't yet seen Skeletons to watch it.

In spite of the award won by the film, the Radio Times reviewer doesn't seem to like it, and only gives it 2 stars - but in the online version of RT he gives Jason a positive mention.

http://www.radiotimes.com/film/jjf8z/skeletons

Anniemouse

Re: Skeletons on BBC2

Post by Anniemouse » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:20 am

OK I have just watched this movie and I thought it was a strange wonderful little movie. Iyt felt like a cross between Quantum Leap and the more stream of conciousness writers like Joyce.

Just how much was improv. The rehersals and acting choices were fascinating and the way that The Colonel greated Davis cracked me up with laughter. From watching the extras would love to know more of the rehersal process. Seemed to have been an interesting project for Jason. I am still tryoing to get my head around it all.

Next up The Death of Stalin.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:52 pm

Ahhh. Death of Stalin. Jason doesn't show up for about half an hour. But when he does, the Field Marshall dominates. :bat

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:00 am

Skeletons is one of my faves. I love its quirkiness, which, unusually, seems completely organic and not at all twee and affected, and the deadpan performances of the leads. JI was perfect!

Return to “Skeletons”