International Emmy nomination for Best Actor

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: International Emmy nomination for Best Actor

Post by thunder » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Reading Norwegian news on the internet, and realizing one of JI's competitors is Norwegian. I've never even watched that show, so I don't know if he's any good. I haven't seen him acting in anything, but he's probably the most famous theatre instructor here. He's probably not that bad, since Norwegians are not being noticed enough to be nominated for these awards very often. But I'm not being patriotic tonight... :D

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:52 pm

You guys know something? We all be pitiful Isaacettes, we are terrible fans. I was just on that FB page, and not one of us wrote ANYTHING promoting Jason or Jackson OR Case Histories, NOR (more to the fact) did their PR team. Whomever or However did it get nominated? I'm clueless. His little face just ain't nowhere that I can spot...Yes, I've seen his name being nominated all over, but on the Intl Emmy page - de nada, so lets just color me confused with fading hopes. I'll just be the roving reporter from FB to here for a while...LN

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:22 pm

ok, well, he both didn't show, and didn't win. The winner was Grandinetti from Argentina. :-( I am really disappointed, but like I said, there was virtually NO PR campaign, so it wasn't suprising that once again his immense talent was lost to someone with a better machine. I realize and understand these Brits don't appreciate the concept of awards, but I'd do just about anything to see a small amount of wall space in their home dedicated to a few shelvefuls of hardware...don't want a tour or anything, just a pic of a bunch of shelves. or a cabinet (with the doors open so we could see all the darned things he's earned so well). LN

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:20 am

He'll get a new chance next year. :D

CeliaBeck

Post by CeliaBeck » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:37 pm

thunder wrote:He'll get a new chance next year. :D
Yes too thunder.

As long as his fans stand behind him. And the people at his films have a look.
If this is more than (a dust cold honouring), what is honouring when JI fans has and his work as great work seen.
Chocolet is better too as a dust cold honouring.

Return to “Case Histories”