Interviews

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Interviews

Post by thunder » Sat May 11, 2013 1:10 am

LadySekhmet

Re: Interviews

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat May 11, 2013 8:55 am

Nice! I saw this on twitter, and was a little sad that we weren't going to get it over here. Thanks!!
Smoldering eyes? Over beef stiry-fry? Wow- that is something...I've been the recipient of smoldering eyes over chicken souvlaki, but never beef stir-fry. I'll think of stir-fry in a whole new light now...

Just out of curiosity, does anyone remember-way back last fall-ish-there was a interview done by some Scottish mag, Reel Scotland, I think? And they went to twitter and asked for questions. I can't seem to find any interview by them for him. Did I miss it or have they not ever posted it? (Sorry, that was some convoluted sentence writing...)

servalan

Post by servalan » Sat May 11, 2013 9:10 am

Great interview, thanks Thunder! :cool:

Yes, his eyes are very blue when you see him in person.

thunder

Post by thunder » Sat May 11, 2013 1:12 pm

LadySekhmet wrote:Just out of curiosity, does anyone remember-way back last fall-ish-there was a interview done by some Scottish mag, Reel Scotland, I think? And they went to twitter and asked for questions. I can't seem to find any interview by them for him. Did I miss it or have they not ever posted it? (Sorry, that was some convoluted sentence writing...)
I don't think they have posted it yet. When he asked for questions, he said that it was going to be posted around the premiere.
Hope they don't forget it.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat May 11, 2013 2:28 pm

thunder

Post by thunder » Sat May 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks, LadyS, we posted at the same time... :lol

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat May 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Great minds and all that... :cool:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat May 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Here we go:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts-ents ... d.20947660
Long and good.

Cudda done without the fan-girl-blathering journalism, but Jason saved the article. He always makes it interesting.

NCGirl

Post by NCGirl » Sat May 11, 2013 11:46 pm

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainm ... cs-1880483

Another interview - similar as the other one with a few differences.

~cadie

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Sun May 12, 2013 4:49 am

Helen8 wrote:Here we go:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts-ents ... d.20947660
Long and good.

Cudda done without the fan-girl-blathering journalism, but Jason saved the article. He always makes it interesting.

Great article. You can forgive her the fan girl blathering. It's understandable. Who wouldn't want to be squeezed onto a bench next to him while he wipes food from his mouth? ;-)

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun May 12, 2013 4:57 am

Looks like it's the deal with some journalists when they interview him, that they decide to focus on the "sex symbol" aspect. Some of it almost tips over into the unprofessional category. It's OK to be a fan girl, but not when you are working. ;-)

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun May 12, 2013 8:04 am

The couple that I've read so far seem to read pretty much the same. I'm beginning to suspect that they were all around the table together watching him eat when they interviewed him!

Well, I suppose the "fangirl" aspect of her writing is sort of the hook for readers. It does give a certain ambience of the risque (if stir-fry can be called risque). Hers was very sort of "personal discussion with the reader" while the Guardian one is much more sterile, which would appeal to a different set of readers.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sun May 12, 2013 10:33 am

I didn't mind the fangirl comments. I think it was fun to read people's reaction to Jason.

The dining table in his trailer was miniscule. Each seat fits 1 and 1/2 person at best. We didn't get invited to eat in there but in the 'mess' bus with the other extras with him sitting with us.
We ate the regular lunch for the crew but they cooked a special plate for Jason, a stir fry with Chinese veggie.

During breakfast Jason ate a banana, standing and talking with us. Susan reached over and wiped a piece off his face :mrgreen:

He mentioned a 'Naked' scene in the interviews. I told the Ex Producer, Helen, how the critics were talking about his shirtless scenes in season1. They had no idea it was such a big deal.
The first 90 min Jackson kept his shirts on according to her.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun May 12, 2013 11:58 am

Some of it almost tips over into the unprofessional category.

I agree, thunder, it's her job to remain objective. So much for professional journalism. :roll:

If he asked me to edit something for him, you can be sure I'd put my straight, professional face on.
Char, on the links when Jason turned lobster-red from the sun and you applied sun cream, you were Dr. Char on the outside and contained the fan-girl screams in your head. :D

That's what she should have done. I'm just sayin'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just read the article that NCGirl linked to. Now, that's how to write the article.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sun May 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to seeing Paul Higgins in this. He was "Jamie" in one of my all time favourite programmes, The Thick of It.

Return to “Case Histories”