TV Ratings/Numbers

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

fruitbat

Re: TV Ratings/Numbers

Post by fruitbat » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:15 am

Chari910 wrote:I'm quoting this from Leonard Chang, one of the writers.....
Many of you are watching this on your DVR’s, which I completely understand. However, did you know that the ratings that the advertisers look at, and therefore the networks tend to focus on, are the “live” viewings? Since many DVR watchers often skip commercials, advertisers want you to watch the show live so that you see their commercials. This is important for the show because whether or not a network keeps a show going depends on these live viewings. It makes sense, since the show is essentially being funded by advertisers.

So, if you’re a fan of the show, and really want to prove it to NBC, then try to watch it live.
Why does Leonard have to take it upon himself to promote the show, NBC? Kiefer Sutherland was on one of the talk shows last night (can't remember which as it didn't matter), but NBC should be doing its utmost to promote its own programming, FFS. (Pardon my abbreviations. Image )

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:45 pm

I watch it live at 10 pm Eastern, I also then watch it again with the On Demand available from Comcast, and I actually pay to buy it from iTunes. I want to have copies of all the episodes, and I'm willing to pay the $2 an episode to make sure I get it. Plus I figure that it puts my money where my mouth is to tell NBC that yes, this user really likes Awake. Plus on the off chance that it does get cancelled, and they don't put it on DVD, I will still have a copy.

I saw that some people for a Jason Isaacs Fan account on Twitter are trying to make sure we leave tweets with #Awake in it for tonight. I put in a couple today, and I'll try to do it all through the episode tonight. I hope a lot of us join in to do this so that we can get it trending! It's going to be a rougher climb tonight because ABC has a new show premiering that actually looks good. It's a show that if I wasn't dedicated to being a Jason Isaacs fan I probably would have watched. JI comes first though, and I will keep trying to do everything I can to show that Awake is the show to watch at 10 pm Eastern on Thursdays.

~Beth, Michigan USA

kjshd05 wrote:The best way is for everyone to watch each episode at 10pm EST. spread the word, and tell family and friends about the show and ask them to tune in at 10 pm. Unfortunately seems like the network is interested in Nielson Ratings. Twitter and Facebook are great Social Networks to help "Spread the Word" about Awake. Sorry for those who cannot see the eps live.....I watched Case Histories (before it aired here in the US, yes legally). The eps are available on iTunes, and HULU...

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Well chalk up another set of watches for everything but the pilot episode with the On Demand with Comcast/XFinity. {chuckles} I just had my own little Mini-Awake Marathon. I watched Episode 2 through 5 on demand straight through to get set for tonight. {winks}

~Beth

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:08 am

I voted for Awake.

I don't know if anyone posted this about the Nielson Ratings: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_Ratings

I watch the show and record it without the commercials.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:57 pm

Looks like Awake lost another million viewers last night, from the Overnights.

NBC Awake 0.9/3 2.56

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/0 ... ce/127870/

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:16 pm

The main reason for that is that ABC's Scandal came out last night at the same time slot. So, a heavily advertised show had a premiere night, and the main lead has fans from two other shows. That is probably what happened with the ratings. I am really hoping that the ratings bounce back. I hope they don't make their decisions based on another show's premiere night.

~Beth (sad in Michigan)

Helen8 wrote:Looks like Awake lost another million viewers last night, from the Overnights.

NBC Awake 0.9/3 2.56

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/0 ... ce/127870/

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Well, that's not a good sign.

~me

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:09 pm

At 10 p.m. ET, “Awake” averaged a 0.9/3 in 18-49 and 2.5 million viewers overall. Note that “Awake” is one of the most time-shifted shows on television, with the “live plus same day” rating for its first three telecasts growing by 59 percent when Nielsen issued “live plus seven day” ratings for that week.
Hope that counts for something. It's so depressing :bang

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:32 pm

What does "time shifted show" mean? Do they mean that it's been affected by things like March Madness and premiers of other tv shows at the same time slot on other channels? Because Awake itself hasn't moved. Or do they mean that we are also downloading it, dvr'ing, and watching it on nbc.com? :huh

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:25 pm

Time shifted means watching it on DVR after the initial broadcast.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:47 am

Hi,

Did anyone see this? It is a petition to renew Awake:
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/awake-petition-22641/

(I apologize for the double post in advance...)

Thanks, Helen8. Ok, that makes sense. These people are idiots because they don't use all of the information available to them to do their counts. Sigh.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:10 am

OK I signed the petition and sent NBC a nice message asking them to re-new Awake and give it a better (earlier) timeslot to let it find it's audience. Lets hope they listen. I really think the episodes have been getting better and better - I'll be sad if it gets cancelled (and we won't get out answers....)

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:15 am

I hoping that even if they cancel Awake, they'll let us see the end of the season. They have all of the episodes in the can already. What else would they put in that time slot? Resurrect the dreadfully, abysmal Firm? :gah:

KissInAboxx

Post by KissInAboxx » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:27 am

I'm pretty sure its scheduled for a two hour season finale..so we should at least get to see all 13 episodes they have filmed.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:47 am

I don't think NBC has anything else to replace it with. And since they have announced the series finale, I'm pretty sure we'll get the rest of this season. But I don't know about a second season....

It's premiering on Australian TV this week, I think.

Return to “Awake”