Episode 5: Oregon

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Re: Episode 5: Oregon

Post by kjshd05 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:27 am

How do they make each episode better than the last? Thrilling ep was glued to the TV. notice the outside of Brittens house is the same used at the end for the production company logo. This show R O C K S :woot

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:53 am

That was really good.

I thought Americans didn't have $2 bills?

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:20 am

They're in circulation, but they are considered bad luck. So, when someone gets one, it goes right to the bank.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:29 pm

Bad luck - hey money is money!!! Actually people are afraid they will mistake them for a one and not get proper change.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:14 pm

Actually, it's worse than being mistaken for a $1 bill. They're more often mistaken for $5 bills, thus losing people $3 for accepting it.

Sheesh. I'm turning into Cliff Clavin here. I better stop. :uhoh

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:17 am

:rave I wanted to rip that FBI agent's face off when she accused Michael of being the serial killer. You'd think she'd try to acknowledge him when she saw him in the hallway at the hospital. BEE-OTCH!!!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:47 am

According to Wikipedia, the general public is, as demonstrated here, often unaware that the $2 bill is still in circulation/still legal tender.
$2 bills have been introduced several different times over the history of American currency, and with their periodic disappearance together with the recent failures of dollar coins, perhaps consumers--often averse to change anyway--appear reluctant to commit to the bills. Inspired by expectation that the bills would be removed from circulation (which apparently means shredding), they are often collected or hoarded, rather than routinely spent.

I finally got round to looking up the Gemini Killer--I thought I'd heard the name before, but thought it (he) was a real-life serial killer; it turns out it was a character in the movie The Exorcist III. I wonder if that was deliberate? The writers could certainly have selected a different zodiac sign . . .

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:03 am

I thought Gemini was a reference to Britten's two realities.

I remember hearing the expression "As phoney as a two dollar bill."

Incoherent posts requires more tea. :???: Later. (My posts, not anybody else's. :D )

belladisordine

Post by belladisordine » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote: I finally got round to looking up the Gemini Killer--I thought I'd heard the name before, but thought it (he) was a real-life serial killer; it turns out it was a character in the movie The Exorcist III. I wonder if that was deliberate? The writers could certainly have selected a different zodiac sign . . .
To be honest when I first heard it I immediately thought of the Zodiac Killer. They were infamous for taunting the police and I don't believe they were ever caught.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:54 pm

To be honest when I first heard it I immediately thought of the Zodiac Killer
Yeah it was the 1st thing that came to my mind when I heard the name "gemini". There's a movie about the zodiac killer but I haven't seen it.

~me

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:29 pm

Well, I knew about the Gemini Killer from the Exorcist, but I kinda thought it was a "play on Jason" who is a Gemini, and an obvious reference to the twinning of Michael's worlds. It's intriguing that they've given him a nemesis who seems to be settling down in Portland. And I loved that his observation of Michael's delima is that he sees things "sideways"-THAT was great. All the echoing work in Dr. Evan's office and in the warehouse I think was all part of that conspiracy deal, but how this guy, (the fake FBI guy) fits in will be great to follow. As for $2.00 bills, for some totally obsurd reason, my husband started collecting them with my son, I'm like-come on, REAL $, I know 2 dollar bills are real, but he can't DO anything with them! Boys and their toys! They baffle me why they do the things they do. Give me real, spendable money that no one questions, that I can keep track of, that doesn't look like a quarter-KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). Life is hard, WHY make it any harder than it actually has to be? ln

Return to “Awake”