Vote for Jason Isaacs, best tv actor

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Vote for Jason Isaacs, best tv actor

Post by thunder » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:07 pm

LadySekhmet

Re: Vote for Jason Isaacs, best tv actor

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:10 pm

Thanks, thunder. *sigh* That was a tough choice. They have him up against Benedict Cumberbatch and Bryan Cranston. No worries, I voted for Himself.
(And there is also a vote for best TV episode with an Awake episode: http://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2012/Best_TV_Episode )

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:50 pm

DId it. Thanks. Let's keep AWAKE going. I really want NBC to know we miss our show. :bawl

~ML :cherub

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:00 am

There's a saying in Chicago (dating to waaay before I was born) "vote early and vote often", I believe initiated by the first Mayor Daley; unfortunatly this is NOT how THIS poll works...I think it's 1 vote maybe/day (which would be considered 'often' in actual politics). So, go on...whatcha waiting for?-do your civic duty (from the comments, he doesn't seem to have gotten many votes) LN

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:11 am

I voted again and the message I got: "Thank You, we have already counted your vote".

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:12 am

I have voted. I had to think hard about this - because I really love John Noble's work on Fringe but in the end I voted for Jason!

But Awake is done/over/finished. When we first saw the pilot shown at ComicCon last year - several of us expressed the opinion that it might be too "deep" for the average American audience member and we were right. A lot of us - "got it" and really enjoyed the show - but a lot of people watched an episode or two and decided it was confusing (their loss). But I would like to see Jason in another series. Hopefully one that has as good a cast as Awake did! If it means being a lawyer or a detective or a Doctor - I don't care. I would like a weekly fix of Jason please.

Hopefully the networks can appreciate what a brilliant and professional actor Jason is and find him a great new project!

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:42 am

Tried to cheat it by going in at work, turns out - the site is blocked at work... Not fair. nuke.gif
I'll try the different browsers trick when I get home.

I think the main reason people stopped watching was because they negelcted the brilliant premise in the first episodes. And it was merely a cop show with a twist. So it turned out something different than people were expecting from it. The last episodes are brilliant, but people had stopped watching by then (allthough a lot watched it via other channels).

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:39 pm

I think it's a crying shame that NOONE has picked up just the 13 episodes to do as reruns. If you haven't bought it on itunes or something like that, there is NO way to watch it at all. It's amazing to me that Amazon.co.uk is almost sort of saying they're putting it out on DVD, but not HERE, where it was made...stupidity abounding. Yeah, I'd love to see him in another weekly something too, but when I see what's out there, I can't imagine him in ANY of it. I think sometimes his sites may be set a bit too lofty for (sorry to need to say this but) an American audience, jeez, what have we become? Although, I DID read that the producers of The Good Wife are making a new show called Girls and Guns, about women in the military, using the IDF as a role model, because in Israel, everyone must do army service. I don't know, he likes guns, soldiers and girls, AND they've done their research, maybe he'll look into that one...LN

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:43 pm

Well ladies, not quite sure where to put THIS either, but on FB is another "SAVE AWAKE" poll, and they're short a mere 15,000 or so votes, but this is a vote, click/reset, vote, click/reset ad infinatum. Might as well start using those fingers and thumbs for something useful... :D LN

*This is for Netflix to pick it up, I don't think it's to start the process all over again. I'm not quite sure how Jason wold feel about starting that engine up again after some of the things he's said, but it was a great job for him, can't deny that...just really intense.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry I just keep writting over here, It's TV guide's best new series on FB, my computer keeps konking out, I'm just sitting here listening and watching the concert clicking Awake/F5 over and over. We have 20 days to bombard them. 10-Q LN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry, it's TV.com Best New Show of 2012 (catagory of 'New Show"). LN

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:19 am

I think Save Awake campaigns are pointless now. It was a great show, but everyone has moved on. And no one's gonna pick it up because a few people complains on Facebook. Jason will have plenty of good things to come in the future. What's the big deal? It's just a TV show. Sorry if I'm too morning moody. :oops:

EDIT: :shock: Wow,I was grumpy this morning. :oops:

Another "vote Awake as best new series" here,
http://www.tv.com/features/best-of-2012 ... new-series We can vote as many times as we like.

Awake is in the lead!
Thanks to miss-narcissa-elladora-black on tumblr.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:40 pm

Oooops, I'm late!!! Voted. *grins*

~me

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:02 pm

Another "vote Awake as best new series" here,
http://www.tv.com/features/best-of-2012 ... new-series We can vote as many times as we like.

This one allows you to vote multiple times (I've done 26 times so far). I find that if you click the back arrow and reclick thunder's link, it works better.

Keep Awake on top!!! :wheee

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:37 pm

I tried to vote again for Jason for best tv actor again TODAY (from the top link) apparently you can really REALLY only vote ONCE for that, b/c it says "we have counted your vote", which just HURTS, and today, his name is on the bottom, HATE to see that, I'm actually scowling with my lip curled up on the L side in an unpleasant snarl. I may pounce...
On the up side, thunder, it seems as though while you may have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, you were able to shake that off (it was quite fierce!), so voting for tv.com's best new show is now an ok thing to do? 'Thank you very much' dearie lol. Last night I learned you just click Awake, F5, Awake, F5 and on and on and on...I think I voted for like 3 hours during the concert, so maybe I have no idea, but whatever below it kept up with whatever Awake was doing less about 200 votes all night. Ok lets just keep voting, it's for Netflix to pick up the 13 episodes so people will be able to watch it. LN :D

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:08 am

ln419 wrote:On the up side, thunder, it seems as though while you may have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, you were able to shake that off (it was quite fierce!), so voting for tv.com's best new show is now an ok thing to do? 'Thank you very much' dearie lol.
:lol It's just the Save Awake campaigns to renew it for a second season (Mostly the way they behave) that gets my adrenaline going. I'm good now. Voting for best new show is always OK. :D

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Chortle! You may very well be right thunder, that was how I initially read it (if you read ome of my first posts), but when I re-read it, it seemed it was just to be able to have it aired. I am VERY HIGHLY doubtful anyone of that cast and crew will go back to remaking the show. I think they are ALL very smart, and smart people just don't move backwards, they move ahead to new vistas. But it would be lovely to be able to see the show on Netflix, and not have it completely lost. I know Amazon.co.uk has it 'almost' available on DVD 'soon' (don't know what that REALLY means, but NOT for region 1, which is only available for an immediate purchase for computer); so you HAVE to sit on your computer to watch it (I have a crap laptop, but a good tv, I don't want to watch it on a crap monitor, I'd rather watch it on my tv, why is that so seemingly difficult?).

I'm gonna keep voting....LN

Return to “Awake”