Jason Isaacs lands title role in Surgeon General

Jason Isaacs landed the lead in this new American series from CBS. The pilot wasn't picked up.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

ln419

Re: Jason Isaacs lands title role in Surgeon General

Post by ln419 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:55 pm

I just read that Rupert Grint was going to be in it too (in Surgeon General). Has anyone else heard/seen this news? (please don't ask me to quote a source, yall know how lousy I am at this, but I KNOW I read it-I read it 5 times to be sure) and please don't throw rotted vegetables to Chgo, they'll freeze solid...e

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:30 pm

ok, it was on a Google Alert from 2/16 on RTTNews "The show will also star former HP star Rupert Grint and will follow the day to day of the man producers are calling the most powerful doctor in the world". THIS is what I read 5 times, but I have a feeling THEY messed it up...Rupert Grint also signed up with CBS for a comedy about a burger flipping young guy down on his luck. Well, I wish Rupert luck, but the article seemed to be a bit bass-akward. I think they just wanted to throw a couple of HP vets together and made a right mess of it all. Maybe the 2 of them will have lunch sometime behind the camera... e

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:39 pm

That is some great news for us all. I will definitely be waiting to watch it and give the show a chances to turn me towards that genre or not. I will be intrigued to see if it gets picked up. I know I was bummed when Pleading Guilty wasn't picked up a couple years back. That one sounded awesome.

~Beth (Michigan)

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:44 pm

LadySekhmet wrote:And another! YAY!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ral-421642

The headline for the article LadySekhmet (see above link) was really awesome (see below for a quote of the title). It is nice to know that even with Awake being canceled that he is in high demand for pilot season. That should tell people that his work was really well received, even if the "money crunchers" didn't think Awake should go for more than one season. I am at least encouraged by the fact that he was being sought after for leads.

~Beth (Michigan)

The actor was one of the most sought-after leads this pilot season and will play Dr. John Sherman in the drama from "Lie to Me's" Samuel Baum.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Isn't the CDC in Atlanta? That's about the only thing I can think of.

if it gets picked up.

The show has already been picked up. It will be on CBS on Thursday nights at 10 p.m. Now we have to hope that it gets good ratings and stays in the lineup.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:32 pm

Helen8 wrote: The show has already been picked up. It will be on CBS on Thursday nights at 10 p.m. Now we have to hope that it gets good ratings and stays in the lineup.
I was just about to post that it will be competing against Elementary, then, on doing a quick search to see that show's ratings, was reminded that it, too, is a CBS show. Guess Elementary will be on the move, then.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:59 pm

I must have missed the article about it being picked up already?? How could they green-light a series without seeing the pilot first??

Please re-post the link for me, thanks!

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:08 pm

:oops: I wondered about that too...

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Sorry about that. I got some misinformation from a well-meaning friend. :-(

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:22 am

I don't think that Elementary is moving on except to a different day and time if anything. It is one of CBS' top rated shows, and it's won awards for new drama. So, Elementary might move to a different day ... or Surgeon General might be on a different day ... but I don't see CBS axing Elementary.

~Beth (Michigan)

fruitbat wrote:I was just about to post that it will be competing against Elementary, then, on doing a quick search to see that show's ratings, was reminded that it, too, is a CBS show. Guess Elementary will be on the move, then.

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:25 am

This sounds like a fabulous idea and I am hugely more excited about this than I ever was about Awake, to be honest. :oops:

But ... I'm very confused. Having read through the thread, I still cannot work out what stage they are at with it being picked up, produced, written, shown etc etc etc :scratch

American TV is weird and bewildering so if anyone has any firm idea about where things are with this, could they let me know? Thank you. :D

Tigerhawk13

Post by Tigerhawk13 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:51 am

I'm doing my happy dance, I'm doing my happy dance ............ I'm still doing my happy dance. Even better it will not be on NBC where good shows go to die.

NCGirl

Post by NCGirl » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:03 pm

:woot YES! I'm am thrilled!!!!! I will definitely be watching!!!! :wheee :hands

~cadie

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:12 pm

laurielove, when all else fails...wikipedia! *cringes...I know...I know...As someone who has taught, I ban wikipedia from my college students' papers bibliographies, but hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_pilot

It, of course, will not answer our "Jason-specific" questions, for those I suspect we will have to practice the difficult art of patience, and as you know, I am not a patient woman. :tchuh:

SeattleMel

Post by SeattleMel » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:38 am

Laurie, here is an article that summarizes the uphill battle facing the Surgeon Gen pilot to actually get picked up
http://www.accessatlanta.com/weblogs/ra ... eneral-ja/

BBC-style six episode runs of a show, see how it goes, decide to pay for another six, makes so much more sense in lots of ways. Especially for niche audience stuff. You dont need 30 per cent of the population to watch to qulify as a success.

Return to “The Surgeon General”