Jason Isaacs reading James Bond novel (Audio book)

This forum is for audio books, voice overs, radio plays and voice acting.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

ln419

Re: Jason Isaacs reading James Bond novel (Audio book)

Post by ln419 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:03 pm

OH, and forgot to mention that I got my email from Amazon.co.uk that the audio Bond books I've ordered, obviously including Thunderball (by one of the Jason Isaacss) has been shipped already! YEAH!!! :hands
:yip :woot LN

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Me too. I got my email sometime during yesterday's ship outs. I was so tickled. I can't wait for them to arrive. I ended up going with three of them. Jason's, David Tennant's and Sir Kenneth Brannagh's. I'm just happy that I could go through Amazon.co.uk. It would have been nice to go through AudioGo's site directly, but at least this way those of us in America could still get our purchases.

~Beth (Michigan, USA)

ln419 wrote:OH, and forgot to mention that I got my email from Amazon.co.uk that the audio Bond books I've ordered, obviously including Thunderball (by one of the Jason Isaacss) has been shipped already! YEAH!!! :hands
:yip :woot LN

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:56 pm

Why Ms Beth, I DO believe we have the exact same taste in audio books! ln :D

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Glad I'm not alone in ordering that particular trio. {Smiles}

~Beth (Michigan, USA)

ln419 wrote:Why Ms Beth, I DO believe we have the exact same taste in audio books! ln :D

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:30 am

Mine is on its way, too, but I chose the slow, cheap delivery, so it's probably sailing over on one of those old fashioned mail packet ships... ;-) (just kidding)

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:11 pm

Oh MAN....guess what, or rather what didn't exactly come in the mail today, nah you'll never guess. From Amazon.co.uk too, ready??: a very, very broken box that would have held 3 audio books inside a torn USPS envelope-de nada! Amazon.co.uk got a email from ME today too! CANNOT believe it! LOTS of luck to the rest of you guys, I hope YOUR packages have MUCH more successful journeys! ln

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:06 am

I know it is not the same thing as Himself reading Bond (sorry!!), and it will probably cost BUCKETS and BUCKETS of money (I, alas, will not be purchasing it), but if any of you are interested in more James Bond love, they are releasing a blu-ray set of the Bond movies in honor of the 50th Anniversary. Roger Moore is kicking off the week-long British publicity tour-thingie today.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/2 ... mes-369774

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:18 pm

I think I should order this soon. But will probalby wait until vacation in a couple of weeks.

Nothing, LN? Did someone steal it? :-(

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Oh my gosh! That's awful, LN! I'm so sorry to hear that. I haven't been able to get the mail from my box yet today. Now I'm biting my nails in worry. I've had things come like that before (not from Amazon though), and I just want to scream at the USPS note that says oh we received it that way. Baloney!

~Beth (MIchigan, USA)

P.S. Amazon should have had it insured though. Maybe they will send you another set?

ln419 wrote:Oh MAN....guess what, or rather what didn't exactly come in the mail today, nah you'll never guess. From Amazon.co.uk too, ready??: a very, very broken box that would have held 3 audio books inside a torn USPS envelope-de nada! Amazon.co.uk got a email from ME today too! CANNOT believe it! LOTS of luck to the rest of you guys, I hope YOUR packages have MUCH more successful journeys! ln

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Any word yet from Amazon.uk, ln? Did you take a picture of the packaging and attach it to your email to them?

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:48 pm

ahhh... well, all SEEMED well with the world YESTERDAY. I received a (seemingly) sincere apology from Amazon.co.uk assuring me they would replace all 3 asap w/o charge, which was GREAT! I waited until TODAY to write that I received another email from them stating another set had been sent out gratis and I should receive it by Sept 20 or so. Well, fingers crossed, no volcanoes should poof up and stop flights, no Islamic wars should break out between here and London (or God forbid ANYWHERE, what the HELL am I saying? There has been enough problems this week alone! I guess we should have worked harder on the "peace in the Mid Ease part instead of the Emmy maybe, now I really don't know-is this for the political box, if it is, sorry...). Anyhoo, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Good Luck to the rest of you ladies... LN :bang

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:56 am

Well they semmed to have handled it well - hope you get them next week!! I've always had good luck with Amazon. Even Amazon.uk.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:39 pm

Don't get me wrong Marie, I agree, I've had many, many dealings with both Amazon as well as Amazon.co.uk and NOTHING like this has ever happened before, so I was quite suprised and taken aback by the Royal Air box inside the USPS envelope in the FIRST place (b/c there wasn't even a PACKING SLIP-and I'm bad at riddles). But they were quick to fix the problem without much fuss from me, I think they might have known their boxes may have been faulty b/c the first option was "how was the packing?", so maybe they had just changed vendors for boxes or something that they'll have to remedy if a ton more people have the same issue. The box was tissue paper thin, which I think is probably the problem. perhaps they need to have someone taping the boxes with strapping tape. Hey, MAYBE I'll move to the UK and instead of being a nurse, I'll stand at the end of the packing line in Amazon.co.uk's warehouse line and tape the boxes, now THERE's job advancement! LN

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:07 pm

And LadySekhmet waits (not so patiently) -still- for her copy. I guess they forgot to feed the hamster that turns the motor of whatever Ford Model-T is delivering mine...

Fingers crossed, ln, for your new copy!! :D

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:03 pm

thanks to ye, my pirate lovin friend! arrr!! you guys will be the first to know, except for my dog. My sweet little 13 lb dog, Lollipop (Lollie for short) attacks viciously ANY package containing ANYthing that Jason's voice or person is in, but no one else. It is very weird; it's how I know who is in which envelope (or not in an envelope)-by her tiny teeth marks. Go figure! LN

Return to “Voice Work”