Jason Isaacs Joins Brad Pitt in David Ayer's 'Fury'

A movie about an American tank crew during the last days of World War 2.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

amy223

Re: Jason Isaacs Joins Brad Pitt in David Ayer's 'Fury'

Post by amy223 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:31 am

Gosh, I'm so torn! On the one hand I love Shia's passion and commitment to his craft...on the other hand, oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Pulling out your own tooth as method acting and dropping acid?? Bless his heart (if it's true) (because if they print it on the internet, it's all true!) (I'm being very, very gently irreverent and silly there ;-) )

At any rate, I hope Shia gets it together. And/or his personal/professional stuff eventually works out for him. He's very young, so there's time! Lots of light to him that he'll be okay. I like it when people who seemed to be once sort of in a crazy tail spin suddenly pull it together so we can all high five them and go, "Hey, remember that one time you dropped acid in front of Rupert Grint and he was all 'DUDE!' and that other time you ripped your tooth out on the set of Fury and Brad Pitt was like 'Seriously? Seriously?? And Jason Isaacs didn't even know what to say to you? Good times. Good times!" And then we hug them, and say "And thank goodness, that's all finished and you're here, you're HERE! Safe and okay again."

On the other OTHER hand, stuff like this renews my pledge to keep "Hang out on a film set for one whole day" on my bucket list. Any film set. But now....NOW, I'm kind of intrigued by hanging out on one that Shia LeBeouf happens to be on....very cautiously hanging out on set with Shia LeBeouf. :shock:

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:50 am

Don't like him; never liked him.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:52 am

Ditto.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:17 am

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 98,00.html
"In light of the recent attacks on my artistic integrity, I am retiring from all public life," the actor, 27, Tweeted Friday.
Artistic integrity? :scratch
I won't miss him...
Not sure about the stinking story, but if it was method acting he was attempting, shouldn't he relate to Brad Pitt/Jason Isaacs as his superior officers and take a shower when they told him to?

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:27 am

Is the movie going to be renamed?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2713180/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

Imdb is just calling it Brad Pitt/David Ayer Untitled now. :scratch

revenante

Post by revenante » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:45 am

thunder wrote:Is the movie going to be renamed?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2713180/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

Imdb is just calling it Brad Pitt/David Ayer Untitled now. :scratch
Also possibly interesting that although Imdb list Shia second in the main cast, his character is not named...? I guess if they're in post-production it would be too late to chuck him out? The boy needs to grow up - Jason and Brad are good role models.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:38 pm

I guess if they're in post-production it would be too late to chuck him out?

Jason was completely edited out of Crash in post-production. So, it's been known to happen.

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:53 pm

Not completely, he has ca. 3 lines in Crash but unless you know it's him... JI only had one scene in Crash to start with, I suspect Shia has more in this. :-|

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:46 pm

The cynical part of me suspects that the "retirement" is just his way of pouting and having a temper tantrum because he was called on his wildly inappropriate and unacceptable behavior. He'll be back - I'm sure- and probably sooner rather than later. I would imagine that his contract would not allow him to stop working on the movie if he hasn't finished what he needs to do for "The Movie Formally Known as Fury."

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:55 pm

Yeah, LS...but if he has to do anything else for the "movie which was once named Fury" perhaps he's now washed...(one can only hope), I mean-they didn't want him on the set or a hotel, who'd want him on an airplane?? ~ ellen

Return to “Fury”