Speculations (SPOILERS - obviously)

Jason plays Peter, an FBI agent who investigates the murder of an archaeologist in Jerusalem. While doing this, he uncovers a 2000 year old conspiracy. The event series was filmed on location in Jerusalem, before the production had to move to Croatia and New Mexico.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

fruitbat

Re: Speculations (SPOILERS - obviously)

Post by fruitbat » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:53 pm

thunder wrote:There's a spoiler warning in the topic heading.
I've been really scattered lately. How did I miss that?

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:19 am

fruitbat wrote: I've been really scattered lately. How did I miss that?
Too busy posting? :mrgreen:
LadySekhmet wrote: As I said somewhere else, I wonder if there isn't a whole herd of cloned Joshuas.

Emma was a graduate student, a younger one, but still - unless she doesn't show up in the list of grad student excavators- which might be the case if she was just faking it. Of course, we could go one step further with that idea and say that Emma replaced a real-Emma (who might have been knocked off so that this Emma could take her place) - if we want to get really crazy. lol. Although it would explain why Grant didn't really remember her very well (aside from him just being a self-involved, egotistical ******).

Although I'm not sure why they would've targeted Peter specifically, since he saw her while he was chasing the other guy (it would have had to be all planned out by the guy and his allies), but perhaps we'll find out. I haven't read the wattpad stuff, so I don't know if they have built up the reasons why Peter was sent to Israel, who might have known he was coming, and if there would be some reason for cultists to target him. But it did seem like she wanted him to follow her. If she knew that she was involved in something in which she was over her head, she did know he was a policeman, as he was chasing someone in a very policeman-like-manner. So she also could have targeted him because she was afraid and wanted a protector or needed someone to protect something (like her stone).

Wouldn't it be great if Anne Heche's character is on this whole thing? Shades of Awake.
Alison Sudol was a part of the filming a lot of the time. I think the character may come back in a form or another. She had dark hair when they filmed in Croatia in the end, though... but there are always the possibility of wigs, I suppose (maybe she got fed up by the hair color?). Or: Maybe there are more clones...? :shock:

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:49 am

thunder wrote: Alison Sudol was a part of the filming a lot of the time. I think the character may come back in a form or another. She had dark hair when they filmed in Croatia in the end, though... but there are always the possibility of wigs, I suppose (maybe she got fed up by the hair color?). Or: Maybe there are more clones...? :shock:
Flashbacks? Clones? The red hair clearly artificial; did she dye it to attract Peter's attention? And now I'm thinking along the lines of "Mary Magdalene had red hair", or least, she was often depicted that way. I should probably stay away from too much speculation as I am an atheist and sadly lacking in knowledge of the Bible. (If Cecil B. DeMille didn't make a movie about it, I'm useless.)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:24 am

I don't remember now. Was there a body? Did we actually see her body? Or was it a photo (which can be made to look like a dead body)? :scratch

Lady S, I think Richard E, Grant was more nervous than self-centered. He clearly was uncomfortable when being questioned about Emma.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:31 am

I'm thinking the Joshua's are clones - not twins. I have a feeling there are more. How much do you want to bet that little patch of grass gets paved over!

There must be more Nannys since Clone 2 had not come into contact with the nice Nanny before. Wonder how freekin big that complex is.

Red haired gal definately knows more than she told Peter. She knew the stone was valuable and that people were after it.

Can't wait to see more!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:39 am

And speaking of that patch of green grass . . . how did Josh the First know that if he scrambled over the short wall that there was a tunnel to the outside under there?

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:24 pm

If I may, I would like to expose my very silly speculative theory, that will probably fall down to pieces on Thursday next and subsequent ones:

The Joshuas are twins, not clones. Cloning humans that are already over 10 years of age is science fiction (but maybe science fiction is part of the series... and my logical speculations are useless). They could be 2 or 3 twins, for safety reasons, they need backup in case one or 2 are reluctant to execute their plan. I think Alison Sudol plays 3 twins (triplets): Peter and wife have adopted one of them as a small child; Emma Wilson is the other one; and there is a 3rd that killed the other 2 because she is the religious fanatic linked to the New Mexico sect and the Norway group. Emma is being harassed by somebody in the Wattpad prequel. It could be Youssef Khalid, who stole the artifact. The 3rd Alison Sudol may have found about her twin sisters in America, and they are a hindrance to the plan to bring the end of days. She may have contacted with Emma Wilson and directed her to meet Peter.
The rest I don't know how it fits. But maybe Peter has chosen Israel for a certain reason, linked to rememberances of his daughter.
If nobody is who they seem to be, there is still a lot to Dig...

Sorry for taking your time with silliness :oops:

justme

Post by justme » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:31 pm

I think that the Joshs' are clones - I think that there are more of them. Didn't Lauren Ambrose's character tell the evil head of the cult that dearly departed Josh the First said that he heard children's voices not a child's voice? Also, Ambrose is a little old (late 30s) to play Peter's daughter, but maybe she's a cult infiltrator trying to rescue someone. However, the red head theme may be leading somewhere.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:46 pm

Yes, he said definitely other children. But I don't know if they are all Joshuas. Cloning seems too far off for me, maybe they kidnapped triplets from a hospital or something?
I think I need to read the Wattpad again, I don't remember anything. Interesting theory about Emma, Tosca.

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:45 pm

Sorry, I made one mistake: Emma is not in the Wattpad prequel, I mistook it for Emma's diary, which is in the Dig game online. Haven't done the game myself, but it's possible to read the diary without registering.

Marie

Post by Marie » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:11 pm

I'm going with clones. These fanatics have been preparing for a long time so I would not put scientific experimentation beyond them. I can't wait to find out! I love a good mystery!

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:21 am

Hmmm, after watching ep.2 of Dig I'm now more inclined for the Joshuas being clones. "You don't have parents in the normal sense", said Pastor Ted to Joshua 2... Science fiction though.

And down goes my theory of triplet Emmas. Peter's daughter's photo doesn't seem to be of Alison Sudol, really. But there's still scope for 2 twin Emmas.

That's good, the series is surprising me, I like that. In Dan Brown's books I always manage to guess the culprit way before the end... So Dig is less predictable, peeling layers, as they say.

The American ambassador collecting sacred stones was a shock, really! People in positions of power plotting the end of days, warned Jason in interviews.

Don't understand why some critics complain of not undestanding the red heifer segment. It's in the words shown in the very beggining of the pilot! And they explained it endlessly in the interviews before broadcasting the pilot! Ditto for the compound segment with a Chosen boy. It's not that difficult to link the segments, lazy critics!

Now, where is the last stone? Margrave has it? In the clips shown before, Peter watches a ritual ceremony with a naked man in the caves. Has the missing stone been found by this time? Or do the people making this ritual have the stone? Peter is told by the sect doing the ritual that he was not supposed to see it.

And who are the Rosenbergs (name in 3rd episode)?

Wish the episodes were released quicker than one per week, but... there is no other way.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:19 am

Tosca Nini wrote:.....

The American ambassador collecting sacred stones was a shock, really!
Did anyone else think the case held space for two more stones? Or is the last stone bigger? Crappy vision fails me again.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:34 am

2 more slots for the stones but check her necklace, the shape of those stones look the same as the ones in the box.

Marie

Post by Marie » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:43 am

Well I for one always wear jewelry that will help ring aout the end of days.... LOL

Return to “Dig”