Episode 10: Armageddon Protocol

Jason plays Peter, an FBI agent who investigates the murder of an archaeologist in Jerusalem. While doing this, he uncovers a 2000 year old conspiracy. The event series was filmed on location in Jerusalem, before the production had to move to Croatia and New Mexico.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Tosca Nini

Re: Episode 10: Armageddon Protocol

Post by Tosca Nini » Fri May 08, 2015 8:47 am

And here is my complete DIG Meal:

https://twitter.com/Ninitosca/status/596507703314374656

Jason slept for 2 hours, I slept zero hours. Making food until 3am, then looking at puzzling live tweeting, downloading until 5:30, watching until 6:15 and trying to fit things together in mind until 7:25am. At 7:30 alarm clock! And was up and about to my Meteorological observations at 9am.

Took many pictures of each dish, will make proper DIG MENU with explanations later after some sleep.

It's not very visible on this picture, but the dish upper left of the DIG tray has the DIG symbol in ketchup... was my lunch today

DIG is now called D C, breakfasted an I and a bit of G, plus the beverage. Almost broke a tooth. Jesus, these biscuits are as hard as rocks! My homage to diggers all over the world.

Very strange episode, still going round in my head, hasn't sunk in. Too many questions left, some answers, but not all I wanted.
And I was waaaayyyy wrong about multiple Emmas! Waaaaayyyyy wroooong!!!!! ::rofl

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri May 08, 2015 8:57 am

It is great to be surprised!!! I hate it when I guess all of the plot - just means it is too predictable! I loved how the only character that truly had a happy ending was Red and his guardian!!!! :D Everyone else is dead, in jail, lost a good friend etc. Go Peter!!!!! And Jason - next time insist on a stund actor! No more jumping on ladders in mid air!

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Fri May 08, 2015 9:17 am

Yeah, Marie, that jump to the vertical ladder gave me an enormous fright. I actually screamed while watching. He could have died doing that! Hope he was sustained by ropes during it... And the shin-shattering jump looked so elegant, so effortless, but was only for 110m hurdle runners.

I've seen the episode only once, so I'm still connecting the dots, I think after some viewings things will settle down in my brain, but for the moment I have many questions that need answering. It was a jam-packed information episode! Weird Emma that one...

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri May 08, 2015 11:31 am

Yay, Avram and Red!!

Tad got the end that he richly deserved. Was that the "Guilty" stone she placed on him.

Margrove got his just desserts as well. My instincts were good about his call to Peter not being on the up and up.

Loved seeing the ambassador taking the perp. walk.

I agree about the jump to the ladder. Hope that that was the Russian bum-stand-in again, 'cause it looked painful.

And Lynn has pluck and some pretty nasty offensive moves!! She and Peter should re-assign together to the next consulate location.

It's probably just as well that Avram didn't kill the little shite. Although he was told not to think of Josh as a 13-year-old boy, killing him would have weighed heavily on Avram for the rest of his life.

And last . . . Peter lives!! I kept thinking every time Jason said, "Let's see who's still alive at the end of the season," I kept thinking, Peter may die trying to save the world. Sooo glad he didn't. Die, that is. So glad he didn't die.

I'm ready for Season 2!!

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Fri May 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Jason did that jump! He tweeted that it reshaped his shin bone for life. Ouch!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:50 pm

it reshaped his shin bone for life.

Gosh! I did the same thing getting into the van in ABQ. Still have the pink circular scar!

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat May 09, 2015 11:24 am

I'm with you guys on the jump. Poor Jason.

I agree that Lynn was great; the headbutt, banging the heels off her pumps so she run on that terrain! Go, Lynn!!!

Peter lives, Avram lives, Red lives, Tad, not so lucky. That crazed gleam in his eye just before he choked was very creepy.

Tosca, I don't get the Bee Gees reference. Image

As usual, the episode cut off abruptly for me. I have never seen the closing credits. Can anyone confirm that it ended with Avram walking away?

Also, how soon can we start to demand a season 2?

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Sat May 09, 2015 1:44 pm

Yes, Avram walked away after leaving Red at a safe place.

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Sat May 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Still writing the DIG Menu, but I spread some honey on the Essenes, honey made by Bee Gee (my cousin's bee, well, all are called Gee in the beehive). And Jason loves the Bee Gees. As Essenes biscuits with honey are extremely caloric, I recommend people dance while eating them. And nothing better than dancing to Tragedy from the Bee Gees, to burn the calories, given the DIG plot. I have the Album with that song (still in Vynil format). Therefore the picture.

But all will be in the DIG Menu, at a later time.

Have managed to connect a few extra dots after watching the last DIG episode. But haven't yet understood if Emma was known to the Order of Moriah people, apart from Margrove, who was basically an opportunistic gold digger. I was wondering who faked Emma's authopsy and was able to convince the Israeli police that Emma was dead.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:04 pm

And Jason loves the Bee Gees.

He played "Stayin' Alive" in Albuquerque, while we and the extras (who ran from the Consulate) danced to it. And with any luck, it'll make it onto the DVD extras.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun May 10, 2015 11:04 am

I hope so!

Wish this episode was longer - or that it will be a couple more eps. This can't be all!
Hoping for second season.

This tweet from @DigonuUSA makes me optimistic. "this season":
https://twitter.com/DIGonUSA/status/596759018208563200

amy223

Post by amy223 » Sun May 10, 2015 5:38 pm

You all pretty much said everything I thought and wrote in my final (sob! I can't believe it's OVER!) review of episode 10 on my blog.

I really felt like they needed more time to ep 10--it just felt slightly rushed.

I was okay not having all my questions answered, just because that's how I like my tales ended in general. But at one point I looked down at the time on my laptop and realized they had like 15 minutes left and I was all: whaaa?? how are they going to wrap this up in 15 minutes?! And then they did, and it was done fairly satisfactorily, but I just think they needed another 30 minutes or so to really do it justice.

Chain link fence climbs and Jason (no stunt double?! holy moly, beeee careful, Jason!) jumping across mine shafts. Don't try this at home, kids. (Because seriously--I actually have, and I spent 9 weeks on crutches.)

This was a wild ride, I loved every second of it. I'm hopeful there will be another Season--I want to know where Peter goes after he leaves Israel, and where he's at in his healing process. And bless it, I loved Lynn so much--that is one tough cookie. I aspire to become more like her. I think Gideon Raff & Tim Kring are smart storytellers, and I'd come back again and again for more of the Peter Connelly saga. :D

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon May 11, 2015 2:05 pm

I wish the final episode was a bit longer too, it felt a bit rushed. Not complaining, but I expected a bit more fighting back from the cult....

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:33 pm

I guess they were so all-fired sure that their plan would succeed that they didn't consider Peter Connolly could stop them.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon May 11, 2015 8:01 pm

I kind of wish we had gotten one of those cheesy story ending blurbs like: Joshua sentence to life in Juvie only to have throat slashed by 12 year old raving atheist. Rabbi sentenced to life at a prison with a cow farm where he had to bath and brush bovines every day. Nasty Joshua(s) bearing female killer and Reverend Tad sidekick sentenced to work in Prison Daycare Facility. Avram moves to New York and become a vegetarian. Red lives a productive life and finally retires from his stud duties after producing many beautiful red heifers ....etc.

Oh and Peter assigned to _______ and has many future adventures all televised by the USA Network! :D

Return to “Dig”