Cancelled

Jason plays Peter, an FBI agent who investigates the murder of an archaeologist in Jerusalem. While doing this, he uncovers a 2000 year old conspiracy. The event series was filmed on location in Jerusalem, before the production had to move to Croatia and New Mexico.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Tosca Nini

Re: Episode 10: Armageddon Protocol

Post by Tosca Nini » Wed May 13, 2015 10:05 am

Apparently Cancelled!!!

http://renewcanceltv.com/dig-cancelled- ... a-network/

Grrrrr!!!! :bang

Cowards... :bawl

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed May 13, 2015 1:02 pm

I am very disappointed. That decision was made very quickly.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:00 pm

SHITE!!!!! :bawl

So much for the four additional episodes USA network wanted after seeing the pilot. The B-tards!!!!!

Hot Wheels

Cancelled

Post by Hot Wheels » Wed May 13, 2015 2:46 pm

I'm in mourning. :-(

Sadly, DIG has been cancelled: http://renewcanceltv.com/is-there-dig-s ... r-renewed/. (See the first sentence.) :bawl :bawl

~~~~~

I was hoping it had a chance; JI, the other actors & the crew did such a good job--especially given the circumstances they were working under--that I thought it might have a chance. Unfortunately, numbers never returned to those of the Pilot. :?:

It may not do any good; however, I did post a request at http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/dig-s ... nt-2107193, asking USA to reconsider.

amy223

Post by amy223 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:10 pm

Television is a tricky medium. All about the numbers/ratings (aka $$$$$) (everything seems to be these days, even in my industry, educating little kids).

I'm sad. Sad, sad, sad. I thoroughly enjoyed DIG, every bit of it. I'd have blogged about and obsessively researched (in geeky ways) a 2nd and 3rd and 4th season...FOR FREE. Because Fun.

However! I got a cool #DigDeeper bag in the mail today that I'm going to use as a book bag at the public library so I can look mysterious. Oh, and they sent a flashlight. That my little girl just discovered flashes like a strobe light if you press the button just right. (I will never, ever get this back from her.)

Well. Crap. Poop. Expletive expletive expletive. On a happy note, NOW I know about Ori Pfeffer, Alison Sudol (and her beautiful music), and Gideon Raff & Tim Kring's amazing storytelling abilities. I'll be looking for them in new projects in the future. And continue to bug Jason on Twitter, if he'll stay there and tweet every now and then. 'Cause he makes me LOL, a lot. And I think he's the bees knees.

It was well done, and an example of what GOOD television programming CAN look like. Onward, Jason, cast, and crew.

amy223

Re: Cancelled

Post by amy223 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:16 pm

Me, too. They really seemed to put a lot of heart, time, and effort into the making of it.

But we have a whole, complete story. And re-watching will be like re-reading a familiar, beloved story in which you find something new at each re-visit. (If DIG were a novel, I'd re-read and re-read and write notes in the margins.)

And hopefully they'll do the right thing and put out a DVD for the people across the pond (and other far flung places) to enjoy. With commentary. And a complete play-by-play Live Tweet guide by Jason Isaacs (if this were me, I'd compile all of his live tweets, and have them pop up on screen at each moment he's talking about) (but that's just me...and I am not in charge. Cuz if I WAS, there'd be a DIG 2. Obviously.)

:D

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat May 16, 2015 11:39 am

As far as I understood, it was only meant to be one series - even if the ones who made it said it was possible to make another one... I didn't see any statement from USA that they were actually seeing that as an option? (not completely sure about that - I just can't remember)
Another series would just have been a bonus, I think. Jason will be in something else that's great - and we'll watch that too :D

Are you all all right if I move the posts here about Dig being cancelled to the topic Hot Wheels started?

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat May 16, 2015 4:05 pm

Well I'm bummed! I was really hoping! Once again the networks have let me down. :tchuh: I do wish USA had waited until summer (until other regular series like Elementary had finished!) But I can't fault them for doing a great job of promoting the show! I too hope they put out a DVD (for everyone!)

I'd love to binge watch it on my own schedule!!

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sun May 17, 2015 11:38 am

thunder wrote:
Are you all all right if I move the posts here about Dig being cancelled to the topic Hot Wheels started?
Yes.

amy223

Post by amy223 » Sun May 17, 2015 8:04 pm

thunder wrote:As far as I understood, it was only meant to be one series - even if the ones who made it said it was possible to make another one... I didn't see any statement from USA that they were actually seeing that as an option? (not completely sure about that - I just can't remember)
Another series would just have been a bonus, I think. Jason will be in something else that's great - and we'll watch that too :D

I agree, Thunder. I don't think Gideon and Tim originally wrote it with the intention for it to become a continuous series; they just wanted to tell a really good story (mission accomplished!). (Just personal opinion here) I think it was just so well-written & performed people were hopeful there might be more (I was). But I'm good with having it as just one and done. Sad that it's over, happy it happened. I really liked the entire beginning/middle/end story arc of it. And I agree that Jason will be in something else that's great (it's kind of just what he does) and I know I'll watch. :D

Yes. Move whatever you need to.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:59 am

And I agree that Jason will be in something else that's great

Well, it won't be a TV series. He's just missed pilot season. :evil:

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue May 19, 2015 7:59 am

So far, he hasn't been very lucky with American TV, I won't mind if he does something else... Like Australian family movies. :mrgreen:

I moved the posts about cancelling Dig here from Armageddon Protocol topic, since no one seemed to mind. :oops:

amy223

Post by amy223 » Tue May 19, 2015 9:28 am

I'm happy he gets to go work in Australia (and! I'll be honest: I'm jealous :D ).

Beautiful, seamless moving of posts, Thunder. I bow to your techno-savvy. :hands

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue May 19, 2015 2:52 pm

I'm happy as long as Jason keeps working. TV, film, theatre - as long as I get to enjoy his performances.

Getting to Australia and New Zealand is on my bucket list!!!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:48 am

And let's put politics at the center of the cancelation:

http://forward.com/news/breaking-news/3 ... paign=Main

:roll:

Return to “Dig”