Harry Potter Paris Convention February

Comic-Con et al.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Tosca Nini

Harry Potter Paris Convention February

Post by Tosca Nini » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:02 am

And Messieur Isaacs will be in Paris in 13-14 February for the Harry Potter Paris Convention:

http://www.poudlard.org/Une-nouvelle-convention-Harry

The translation (from Google):

ACTIVITIES
A new Harry Potter convention will take place in Paris !

he Convention People organization will hold on 13 and 14 February 1 Harry Potter convention in Paris.

Several players who played in the Harry Potter saga will attend the convention to sign autographs, take pictures and answer questions from fans. Who: Jason Isaacs, Adrian Rawlins (James Potter adult), Natalia Tena, Predrag Bjelac (Igor Karkaroff) and Stanislav Ianevski (Victor Krum).

Poudlard.org team will be present throughout the weekend for you to experience this event. Photos will be posted on our Facebook page and a summary article will be written at the end of the agreement for you to (re) live these two magical days. :-)

You will find all the information on their Facebook page, and the fair ticket here. You still have a few days to even participate in the convention by purchasing a pass. Bronze passes are also on sale until February 3 at midnight.

Warning: it is necessary to buy a pass to be able to attend the convention.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Harry Potter Paris Convention February

Post by Marie » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:01 am

What a grand place to be on Valentine's Day- hope he brought Emma! :D

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:12 pm

I found this JI interview (in French, which apparently he speaks very well) at this site

http://www.gazette-du-sorcier.com/Exclu ... r-1#Isaacs

A lot of the information given here, we already know about, but there are one or two new things.

Have fun translating it!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:22 pm

Well, it took about an hour to translate his portion through Babelfish, which only allows 200 characters at a time. Argh!!!! :bang Some of it is lost in translation, so blame Babelfish.

On our side, we met Jason Isaacs for an interview.

What is the role that you preferred to interpret?

My favorite role is always the next, I avoid looking back.

You played in the series Dig, which currently meets a strong success in France. We were surprised to learn that it had been cancelled. Have you been disappointed of its cancellation?
Technically, the series has not been cancelled, and she met everywhere where it was broadcast a success. It was from the beginning conceived as a mini-series, with all the action scheduled on a single season. Therefore, it is not really a disappointment for me. Like I said, I avoid look back, and at the risk of a bad person stating this, I don't care too much what we think of movies or series in which I played. I me invested in filming, I enter my characters, and I take a lot of pleasure, but once filming is completed, I turn to something else. Moreover, in the case of Dig,.the end of the season is completely apocalyptic, it would have been difficult to imagine a scenario for a second season.

Jason says that the mood of the shoot was really very special: they turned to Israel at the time of the escalation of violence in the summer 2014, in a climate of war, before the production not be relocated in Albuquerque, in the United States. He has been enormously involved physically in the filming of the series, and came out injured. He added, on a lighter tone, that it was therefore very pleased to be able to play for his role following a man who spends his time in a hospital. [Editor's Note: it probably referred to the film A Cure for Wellness, of Gore Verbinski, as expected on french screens for next fall.]

You recently turned Medusa's ankles, for which you have been directed by Bonnie Wright (Ginny)? What was it like to rework with her after so long, to be led by someone as you know since she was a child? Medusa's ankles is a short film adapted from the A.S. Byatt's eponymous new. It is a very beautiful story, which tells the story of a woman in full midlife crisis. Jason Isaacs plays his hairdresser, Lucian. It was very emotional for him to rework with this woman that he knows since she was eleven years old and saw it grow. I had met his parents at the time of the Chamber of Secrets at the time where they accompanied him everywhere, and I passed them on the set of Medusa's ankles. The shooting has lasted four days, during which we learned the terrible news of the death of Alan [Rickman], it has created a moment very 'potterien' on the shelf.

Do you think that Lucius was entitled to a form of redemption?
Lucius has no place in a world where Voldemort would win; It showed that Lucius was finished by breaking his baton, humiliating it before his wife and his son under his own roof, and it only comes out better in a world where Voldemort loses; his wife and son have rejected it. There was an interesting scene at the end of the Deathly Hallows part 2 in the Court of the Castle, where they saw Narcissa and Drago leave
in a direction to escape Hogwarts, and on the other side, the death eaters who are trafficked to penetrate in the school, and in the middle of all this, we saw Lucius torn between his family and the Death Eaters, and Lucius would be overthrown and trampled by death eaters, and it left him like that. But David Yates, the Director, then noticed that it couldn't be kept as well as Voldemort and Harry came in this same court for their final battle, and Lucius was no longer there, the scene was removed. Whatever it is, whatever the outcome of the battle, Lucius could not obtain a form of redemption in any of these worlds. A form of redemption is found in all the stories, but all the characters are not entitled.

How have you dealt with your character's Lucius? How your first days on the plateau took place?
It considered the role of Lucius thinking of Drago and in it asking what kind of father had this child this little shit"(expression of Jason "This little piece of shit"); Lucius must necessarily be racist and loose.

One of her first scenes was a Quidditch match where cried out them numbers that they had to watch as well as instructions (from the style "he caught the Golden snitch"), Jason has then returned to Alan asking him if it was although he has caught the Golden snitch and Alan replied "I fucking don't know.

Her first scene was the last of the second film where he is in the office of Dumbledore. He wondered where was Dobby and the Director has said "where you will look, will be Dobby." The Director told him that he had to slam the door on leaving and asked him if he could the Slam 'magically', a movement of hand, told him Yes and said he was that it was \"trop génia\ 'l. After which he wanted to redo the scene as he felt that Lucius had to say something before you go. It therefore improvised, without warning the other actors, the sentence "Let's hope that mister Potter will always be there to save the day" and without that it expects, Daniel has bulging the torso and answered "Don't worry, i will" (don't worry, I'll be there), he was impressed. At the end of the scene he did leave his leg forward and made a movement with his cane. When the Director said 'cut', he asked Jason if there was a problem with the ground and if he had failed to fall and Jason replied "no, I gave a kick to Dobby and a shot of. cane over his head when he wanted to recover. \ "the Director asked the head of special effects if it was going for him, it was ok, and Jason was delighted."

The interview ends on this issue. We thank the actor who is really very nice and while we are her hand, he asks us if we are going to translate everything in french. We answer in the affirmative, and he exclaims that he wants to see it (he speaks very good french) and asks us the address of the site.

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:45 am

Thanks Helen8 for the translation, it was very brave of you.

And because you had so much fun translating the interview, here are the questions for the panel:

http://www.gazette-du-sorcier.com/Conve ... ndu-jour-2

Photos from the event can be seen "ici":

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 855&type=3

The expression "Daniel has bulging his torso" in the interview is unforgetable ::rofl

There was also an Italian article about it, but it didn't say anything really new... the only new thing about it were the names of characters in the Italian version. But here it goes:

http://www.melty.it/harry-potter-jason- ... 92116.html

Muggle is Babbano, Cornish Pixies becomes Folletti dela Cornovaglia, Silente is Dumbledore.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:29 am

Thanks for sharing, Tosca. I'll have to look at it when I come home from work... :oops:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:26 pm

And because you had so much fun translating the interview, here are the questions for the panel:

Yeah. I'll pass. :pc

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Thanks for the translation, Helen and for the pics, Tosca.

Return to “Conventions”