The Essential Ingredient . . .

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, Gillian, Chari910, fruitbat, catloveyes, Helen8, kjshd05, Marie, LadyLucius

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

The Essential Ingredient . . .

Post by Helen8 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:56 pm

This article in the New York Daily News gives praise where it's due. These are excepts from a long article. (I think we can forgive the misspelling in this observant writer's case, especially since it's correct later.)

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... 6063c.html

This year, cable continued to deliver impeccably written dramas that present a level of truth unobtainable on broadcast television (thanks to meddling watchdog groups and their government bludgeon, the FCC). "Weeds," "Dexter" and "Brotherhood" on Showtime, "Rescue Me" and "The Shield" on FX and "The Wire" and "Big Love" on HBO all presented indelible portraits of the thorny side of life.

In the final episode of Showtime's "Brotherhood," Isaac's Michael Caffee was lying in a pool of blood, and the prognosis was bleak. But the actor has been signed for a second season, and it's a good thing, too, because Isaacs' volatile gang thug is the razor wire holding this great series together

Helen

Malfoy Grandma

Nice post!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:03 am

:!: Good watching! It is nice to see that critics are able to see what we see in Jason's portrayals, even if we wish he would have other parts! Thanks for giving us this one. I try to watch Bhood at least one evening a week, and have found my favorite repeat episode is #5, the Baseball Team effort. Of course this has those nice, nice shots of Jason's tatoos, which does have something to do with my choice!