Brotherhood's Women

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, kjshd05, Marie, fruitbat, Gillian, Chari910, catloveyes, Helen8, LadyLucius

Moira

Brotherhood's Women

Post by Moira » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:13 pm

Has anyone else noticed that all the female characters in the show are strong, intelligent and independant?

Of course, most of them are messed up, even psycho, but so are all then men. None of the women are doormats or airheads. They can give as well as they get. And they aren't subservient to men. Tommy's wife may be a desperate housewife, but she's making her own choices, even if they're bad ones.

There may be some female T & A, but there's male nudity as well. I love equality. ;-)

And it was refreshing to see an older woman, Michael's mother, depicted as being desirable and having a sex life (with the union leader)!

I doff my nonexistant cap to Brotherhood's writers.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:51 pm

Excellent point Moira...being a strong, independent woman myself, it is refreshing to see them in a tv series, with a strong script behind them.
And of course, I'm all for Male nudity myself...LOL
So long as it isnt Freddie...LOL. (sorry couldnt help it)...
I hope season 2 is just as powerful as Season 1 was, and I hope certain story points are continued, and not just dropped.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:57 am

Oh yeah.
You may wanna smack 'em, but on some level anyway you can relate to or empathize with the choices they make, and they are all individuals.
(I caught Fitz' wife on an episode of Law & Order last night, and Wretched Sprog was watching The Others, with Fionnula Flanagan as the housekeeper...)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:26 pm

FF also popped up on Lost last week, too.