My time as a TV extra: How hard can this be?

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, Gillian, Chari910, fruitbat, catloveyes, Helen8, kjshd05, Marie, LadyLucius

Gillian
Site Admin

My time as a TV extra: How hard can this be?

Post by Gillian » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:02 pm

Props to Projo.com. Here's a great article about what is was like being an extra on the set of Brotherhood ....

Never in my life had I been thrown off my feet and clearly embarrassed in a fight.

Growing up in Cranston, I was in a few scrapes — nothing serious, just your typical adolescent neighborhood rough stuff, but no one ever threw me a good distance. That’s until I became an Irish mobster.

Living a life connected with organized crime can be painful, and I realized that first-hand on the hottest day of summer in August 2005. With temperatures soaring upwards of 100 degrees, I found myself standing in the middle of a dusty softball field in the heart of Olneyville, face-to-face with another mobster.

He was a little taller than me, maybe 6 feet, and certainly a lot stronger. He didn’t like it too much when I put my hands on him, so he picked me up and threw me a good 10 feet before I slammed into the ground in a heap of dirt and sweat.

“Hey, you OK, man?â€

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:00 pm

Great find - I love reading stuff like that!!!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:35 pm

Yeah, but poor guy though - to get trashed like that only to find the best bits were left on the cutting room floor. Such is life! :D

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:20 am

If he feels that way imagine how Jason felt about his part in Crash winding up on the cutting room floor (then the film goes on to win lots of Awards..............)