When Will Jason be in Providence?

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:12 am

Don't worry MG. When he was here in Toronto, I didn't go pester him once.
Mind you, a glimpse would've been nice, but he only put in one public appearance and that was for a summer camp program (which I wasn't about to crash). Course I could've waited outside, alone, but it was pissing rain and I'm not about to look that desperate for anyone. :D

malfoygrandma

Ray for you, Moira! admire safely from Minnesota

Post by malfoygrandma » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:13 pm

I think that sounds fun.... charter a big bus, get everyone aboard. go sailing into Providence. I like a pic I saw of Jason with a little sign saying, "What are you lot like?" to the fans, very funny, very nice! Poor innocent fellow! We lot are a bunch of nuts, and that gentleman knows it! And so does his sweet, tolerant wife! About Providence, it is a really beautiful city, with lots of history like about Roger Williams, and a gorgeous art museum with some of the finest Art Nouveau pieces I have ever seen, and a street you can walk along with little signs telling the year that building was erected there whether it is in the 1600s or the 1900s, and the downtown plaza where that hotel with the bedroom scenes that looks over at the lovely capitol building, and there is a gorgous civil war monument with lots of horses and men and.... well, I love downtown Providence.

Nanci

Brotherhood Sighting

Post by Nanci » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:06 pm

Just went for lunch at a local restaurant in the heart of the city. I knew they were here filming, but never expected Jason to walk in and sit right next to make to have his makeup retouched. I about fell off my chair. As I finished my delicious lunch at Mama Theresa's, I was asked to use another door as filming had started. Got to watch a scene where he and another actor ate Haven Brother (a true RI staple) over a trash can...couldnt quite hear the dialogue, but watched a few takes...I was very impressed with the residents of our fine state and how they all respected the cast and crew...can't wait for the new season.
Oh, did I mention...he is VERY recognizable. He does that have a certain je' nes c'est quoi (?) my apologies to the french for slaughetering that phrase

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:29 pm

Nanci, thanks for sharing that with us. What a wonderful lunch with eyecandy to go with it!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:48 pm

How absolutely wonderful! You do realize Nanci, that you are now known as what we in the fandom affectionately like to call "a lucky sod". :D

Did you have the chance to exchange a few pleasantries or no?

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:12 pm

Thanks for sharing that, Nanci, and giving us a vicarious frisson of delight (might as well gang up on the French while we're at it!).
I'll agree, JI may not be the physically largest guy in a room, but he definitely has a presence--you notice him.
Hope he had a positive effect on your digestion!

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:23 pm

Oh, he would definitely have a positive aid to my digestion in that I would just
want to ogle him and not eat a thing...the perfect diet is the JI DIET!! :D

You are one lucky girl or "Lucky Sod" as our dear Gillian has affectionately said!!

Hugs,
Kate

kontara

Post by kontara » Fri May 11, 2007 4:42 pm

Well It's been mentioned that the cast and crew are filming in Woonsocket this week. But I have not had the opportunity to get out to see if he's around... between work and seasonal migraines I'm lucky to be online right now

Penny

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat May 12, 2007 8:49 am

Poor Penny--is it pollen allergies? DH is a bit under the weather as well. We're glad to see you here!

I couldn't help but notice, when JI was in Toronto, there were sporadic public announcements about the filming, generally to alert people to upcoming traffic disruptions. Is there anything so obvious to alert you to their whereabouts in RI??

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat May 12, 2007 9:09 am

That sucks, Penny. At one point my allergies got so bad that I actually developed asthma, and then for some reason it all just sort of stopped. I still get the occasional twinge and bout with sinuses, but nothing like before.

Have you been prescribed any meds or allergy shots?

kontara

Post by kontara » Sat May 12, 2007 2:28 pm

Yep mostly pollen -

OK the local rag just ran a photo and story on brotherhood filming in the city. I will try to scan in the picture they are SAYING is JI... I'm not buying it AT all...

Here is the link to the article
http://www.woonsocketcall.com/site/news ... 4361&rfi=6

OK just found out the picture will be available online tomorrow.... I will try to remember to grab a copy....

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat May 12, 2007 2:57 pm

Thanks Penny!

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sat May 12, 2007 6:22 pm

yes, Penny, thanx so very much, will look forward to the pic

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun May 13, 2007 12:32 pm

‘Brotherhood’ films scenes for second season in the city

It's very long, so here's the link.

http://www.woonsocketcall.com/site/news ... 4361&rfi=6

Helen

kontara

Post by kontara » Sun May 13, 2007 6:00 pm

OK the rag has not yet put up the pics... Maybe they take Sundays off... will watch for them tomorrow....

Return to “Brotherhood”