Wish list for Season 2

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Post by Guest » Fri May 04, 2007 3:37 pm

:?: Not sure why you added spoiler to the article. There was no spoiler alert for the Irish cousin article, which affects Michael more. :?:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri May 04, 2007 3:39 pm

That's me previously. Forgot to sign in. Brain-Dead for a Friday afternoon.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri May 04, 2007 3:45 pm

Well 'cause the cousin one merely presented a character, whereas this one indicated a significant plot point, albeit one which may not affect Michael directly.

But you can remove the spoiler thingie if you like--you have the power!!!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Fri May 04, 2007 5:33 pm

Not keen on that actress--interesting coincidence that she will now play JI's co-star's lover.
That was my initial thought as well. Be interesting to see the dynamics between the two.

CylonGirl

Post by CylonGirl » Fri May 04, 2007 5:42 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote:That was my impression too, Moira--that you had to *earn* the extra markings that went with the triangle, and you didn't do it by selling more Girl Scout cookies :shock: .
So well, our "psycho-colledge-girl" turns out to be pretty normal, right? In fact she knows more about Mike then we do. :bat

IMO, we ought to be prepared for some realy ugly aspects of our handsame gentlemen! :twisted:

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Fri May 04, 2007 5:49 pm

I'd say keep your eye on Shannon too. Pound for pound I think she easily matches him in the 'crazy' department.

CylonGirl

Post by CylonGirl » Fri May 04, 2007 5:56 pm

Gillian wrote:I'd say keep your eye on Shannon too. Pound for pound I think she easily matches him in the 'crazy' department.
Yes, and "playing" Bonnie and Clyde :twisted:

Moira

Post by Moira » Sun May 06, 2007 8:26 am

Helen8 wrote:LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "West Wing" veteran Janel Moloney is joining the Showtime drama "Brotherhood,"
Oh dear lord, no.
SPOILER FOLLOWS
Thanks for putting this spoiler alert, Helen. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough space between it and the spoiler information, so I learned something about the new season that I'd rather not have yet.

How about we start a new topic thread for spoilers, cleared labeled as such, so that only people who don't mind them will read them?
She will appear in four episodes playing a woman who has an affair with ambitious local politician Tommy Caffee (Jason Clarke).
I was hoping the show wouldn't have Tommy having an affair. That's just too...easy. Let Tommy show some restraint in at least one area where Michael wouldn't.

Though, maybe it will be that, in exploring the brothers deeper, the two will begin to switch the "Good Son, Bad Son" roles. Maybe Tommy will become so pressured that he'll resort to violence, not done by himself, but by others (Michael has already offered his protection services), and maybe Michael will show more moderation in order to keep a lower profile (as demonstrated with his reigning in Kat's wild behavior at the gas station store). Done well, it could be very interesting.

But I have deep reservations about adding an actress that one of the show's "stars" has worked with in a romantic role in a well known TV show. What I love about BH is that so much of the cast is "unknown." I didn't associate them with other roles or better known shows or films, so I could enjoy them as the BH characters. (It took me a few episodes to disassociate Michael from the gangster JI played in Elecktra.)

As talented as Janel Moloney is, I've never liked her in anything I've seen. I couldn't understand what JI's photo-reporter in TWW saw in Donna, or what anyone else saw in Donna. It seemed her being blond was enough to make her an object of male desire, even if she was as dull as dishwater.

Oh, well. I'll try to reserve judgement until I actually see the second season, which won't be till it comes out on DVD.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sun May 06, 2007 10:28 am

Thanks for putting this spoiler alert, Helen. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough space between it and the spoiler information, so I learned something about the new season that I'd rather not have yet.
That was Hil's doing. I'm not sure if it can be considered a spoiler though, as news like this generally doesn't reveal too much of the actual plot. Noyce and Masters were very tight-lipped about last years episodes, and anything revealed this year would probably be secondary to the main story arc (or to entice new viewers). Even then there's no way to tell how or if these new developments pan out. Gotta keep the fans guessing.
How about we start a new topic thread for spoilers, cleared labeled as such, so that only people who don't mind them will read them.
It could easily be done, simply by marking any news "S2" in the subject header. Unfortunately rehashing old episodes only goes so far, and this is, well, a forum for discussing all things BH, so you might find yourself spending less and less time here in the months to come. (And what fun is that?)
It seemed her being blond was enough to make her an object of male desire, even if she was as dull as dishwater.
That was my take on her too. She didn't seem to have much use, other than padding out the story a bit. I can't say I've seen her in anything else.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun May 06, 2007 11:36 am

Miss Hil, Miss Hil, Miss Hil! I don't mind being edited by a fellow editor, I just didn't see that that bit of story line was a spoiler . . . until Moira thanked me (really you) for including the warning. No harm, no foul.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun May 06, 2007 4:34 pm

Well, as this incident illustrates, if they don't read it here, it's likely to be seen someplace else--what's a mother to do???
:roll:
(Bring on the broadcasts so we can see for ourselves!!)

Moira

Post by Moira » Tue May 08, 2007 7:55 pm

Gillian wrote:That was Hil's doing. I'm not sure if it can be considered a spoiler though, as news like this generally doesn't reveal too much of the actual plot...
Well, it reveals that Tommy has an affair. I'd rather have learned that from watching the show.
...Unfortunately rehashing old episodes only goes so far, and this is, well, a forum for discussing all things BH, so you might find yourself spending less and less time here in the months to come. (And what fun is that?)
Alas, I'll be avoiding the BH S2 threads until it comes out on DVD, if I get the DVD, since I can't watch it on cable, and I don't want to know what happens ahead of time. And I need to spend less time here anyway.

I'll play catch-up when/if I get the DVD.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:55 am

And I need to spend less time here anyway.

Was it something we said?
[sniff/pout]

Moira

Post by Moira » Thu May 10, 2007 9:23 pm

Helen8 wrote:And I need to spend less time here anyway.

Was it something we said?
[sniff/pout]
Not at all! It's something I haven't done, I fact, several somethings I need to be doing. Projects that demand attention. Unfortunately, I've been diagnosed with a bad case of ambition. I've tried to have it removed, but I'm afraid it's spread throughout my entire system. So there's nothing for it but to give in to it and try to actually accomplish something.

Return to “Brotherhood”