SHOWTIME PICKS UP BROTHERHOOD FOR SECOND SEASON

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

shellys

I'm soooo excited!!!

Post by shellys » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:03 am

Well I know I will try to get to downtown Prov when i find out that there here! :adore :adore And of course I will let you all know if I get any special encounters!!! :hands Wish me Luck! ;-)

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:35 pm

Good luck, have fun, be safe, show consideration, and I hope you get a hug!!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:34 pm

From the Providence Journal ...

Brotherhood, the gritty Showtime drama about two Providence brothers on opposite sides of the law, has been picked up for a second season.

"I'm very pleased to announce we have ordered a second season of Brotherhood, to premiere in 2007," said Robert Greenblatt, president of entertainment for Showtime. "The first season concludes its initial run this coming Sunday, and we couldn't be more proud of this drama."

Brotherhood, filmed entirely in Rhode Island, stars Jason Clarke as Tommy Caffee, an ambitious state legislator, and Jason Isaacs as Michael Caffee, a criminal who reappears after a mysterious, seven-year absence.

They live in a fictional, working-class Irish neighborhood called The Hill.

Brotherhood debuted on the pay cable channel on July 9, and the final episode will air Sunday at 10 p.m.

A Showtime spokesman said 10 episodes have been ordered for the new season.

Production will probably begin in Rhode Island in early April, (eh?) with the second season of Brotherhood scheduled to air next summer.

Showtime does not give out ratings numbers for the show.

Blake Masters, creator of Brotherhood, said he got the news Monday. "Obviously, I'm very happpy," he said. "The signs had been pretty good for the last couple of weeks."

Masters said he's been thinking about storylines for the show's second season, but none of the scripts has been written yet, and he doesn't want to give anything away.

Masters did say that all the main characters from this season will return for season two.

Steven Feinberg, director of the Rhode Island Film & Television Office, said he was delighted to welcome Brotherhood back to Rhode Island.

"Historically, this is the first television series to be filmed entirely in Rhode Island. It highlights what a remarkable success can occur when city and state officials work together with the private sector to foster a healthy environment for creative talent to shine," Feinberg said.

State Senate President Joseph A. Montalbano said Brotherhood was the impetus for a package of tax incentives for TV and film production that became law last year.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:10 pm

Annabeth's baby is due in Jan, so this will give her enough time and our JI enough time to finish "GOOD".

Maybe MID April so JI can do MAM too!! YEAH let's hope....

Minuet

Post by Minuet » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:02 am

And there was much rejoicing. Yay! **Min does a little happy dance** :mrgreen:

LadyLucius

Post by LadyLucius » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:57 pm

Maybe MID April so JI can do MAM too!! YEAH let's hope....
Exactly the thought that was going on in my evil, scheming little brain Char.

I've got everything crossed

:pig *well they might*

LL

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:18 pm

...after Good.

We can't be totally selfish. :D :pop

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:14 pm

Annabeth's baby is due in Jan, so this will give her enough time and our JI enough time to finish "GOOD".
That's cutting it pretty fine if you ask me. If they start in April and air mid/late summer that's only a couple months for filming and post-production.
Oh well. At least they won't be filming in snow. I dread the thought of ole Lead Foot on icy roads. :D

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:23 pm

Ol' Leadfoot-damn the torpedoes full speed ahead prepare to repel boarders-what curb?? in the snow. :shock:

--and I'd hate to be poor Annabeth under pressure and scrutiny tryna drop all the baby weight in three short months...

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:05 am

...after Good. We can't be totally selfish.
According to the Daily Mail, filming starts this spring.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:58 pm

Little bit of news:

For "Dexter's" upcoming season, the series will be partnered with fellow drama "Brotherhood." "Dexter," the network's top-rated drama series, will air at 9 p.m. Sundays, serving as a lead-in to "Brotherhood" at 10 p.m.

Season premiere of Dexter is Sept 30, so I guess BH is starting the same day??

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:05 pm

aHA!
Sounds like a sensible marketing ploy!

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:57 pm

I happen to be a big Dexter fan ... now I get two great shows Sunday night!!!!! (Just love them TV killers.......)

Cheers,
Marie

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:28 pm

That should definitely take the pressure off. For the life of me, I couldn't see them trying to film AND squeeze in post-production before the original air date. :shock:

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:20 pm

Just saw a Showtime ad, following a (repeat) episode of Dexter.
Looked dead good, albeit somewhat in debt to Sopranos; nice atmospheric shots, including of the Statehouse. Worked in extracts from critical reviews in a way that I thought was really aesthetically appealing.

Return to “Brotherhood”