What is this dude smokin'?

Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

What is this dude smokin'?

Post by Helen8 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Reflecting on His Tenure, Bush Shows New Candor

Bush sidestepped a question about whether Obama's resounding election victory amounted to a personal repudiation. "I think it was a repudiation of Republicans," he said. "And I'm sure some people voted for Barack Obama because of me. I think most people voted for Barack Obama because they decided they wanted him to be in their living room for the next four years explaining policy."

Despite some second thoughts, Bush continued to express confidence in his overall course as president, even though three out of four Americans currently disagree. For example, Bush said he was "sorry" about the severe impact of the global financial crisis, but he deflected blame for the meltdown.

"You know, I'm president during this period of time, but I think when the history of this period is written, people will realize a lot of the decisions that were made on Wall Street took place over a decade or so, before I arrived," he said.

Not, he added, that he has any interest in what history will say.

"I'll be frank with you," Bush told Gibson. "I don't spend a lot of time really worrying about short-term history. I guess I don't worry about long-term history, either, since I'm not going to be around to read it."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... tml?sub=AR

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:54 pm

What. The. Fuck.

Man, I had to laugh.
Because otherwise I'd burst into hysterical sobs which could only be soothed by large doses of Thorazine.
"I don't spend a lot of time really worrying about short-term history. I guess I don't worry about long-term history, either, since I'm not going to be around to read it."
Did you know that Shrub somehow contrived to receive his bachelor's degree (from YALE, no less) in HISTORY???? That about says it all. Oh, other than the Master's in BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (which didn't, last time I checked, usually mean 'how to drive a business so far into debt that generations to come will be declaring bankruptcy') he got from HARVARD.
I think Harvard and Yale oughta ask for those back.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:32 pm

Tell me....Does Harvard take C students into their MBA program if they don't have a famous father?

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:58 pm

Good questions from both of you!!

Cissa

Post by Cissa » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:58 pm

Well, if I were as stupid as Skippy, I wouldn't be interested in what History would have to say about my tenure, either. Mostly because it would say something like this:

"From 2000-2008, Cissa occupied the seat in the Oval Office. She was dumber than a box of wet mice."

Probably the smartest thing he said throughout his 8-year term! :roll:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:02 pm

And in case you haven't seen the results of his latest toke:

For Bush's staff, upbeat talking points on his tenure

Administration officials get a memo from the White House suggesting what to say about the last eight years: President Bush upheld 'the honor and the dignity of his office,' for one.

The document presents the Bush record as an unalloyed success.

It mentions none of the episodes that detractors say have marred his presidency: the collapse of the housing market and major financial services companies, the flawed intelligence in the run-up to the Iraq war, the federal response to Hurricane Katrina or the abuse of prisoners at Abu Ghraib.

Full article here:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 7216.story
Last edited by Helen8 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:31 pm

As Vicky Amonte said in 'Passionada'.....
"Yeah,yeah,yeah!" :roll:
When I want his opinion.....I'll give it to him.
~M'L(C) :monkeybutt

Cissa

Post by Cissa » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:11 am

:roll: And everyone wonders why I prefer to get my news from Reuters or BBC...

Return to “Political Material”