Dig Series

Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

ln419

Dig Series

Post by ln419 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:10 pm

I'm sure this could have been put in the Dig thread, but I'm putting it here so no one has to move it, because it's here for a political reason. After all the reading I've been doing trying to keep up with what's going on in the alternative media (not mainstream, to be sure, and not only to keep tabs on Dig, but my family and friends), I fear Dig might be in jeopardy of NOT being made in East Jerusalem, or Jerusalem at all. The PA has been stockpiling rocks on the Temple Mount for a couple of weeks in anticipation. I have a feeling any time after April 30, East Jerusalem will become a militarized zone with the Third Intifada beginning. Perhaps they've found another country to shoot the project in. I've been checking IMDb and haven't seen any changes, but nothing has been updated in a couple of months. I know Israel is being blamed for the breakdown of the peace process, and everyone will believe what they will. Truth is, nothing looks quite like Jerusalem though. ~ellen

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Dig Series

Post by thunder » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:47 pm

Got any links?

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:03 pm

Thunder, please see PM. ~ellen

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:15 pm

Not surprised to see "Dig" end up in the Political Material section, but at the same time, am totally surprised to see "Dig" end up in the Political Material section.

In'9, it's not quite so hysterical here, you know. Over the border in Syria it's positively nuts. Lebanon is rather whacked out at the moment. Egypt has problems but is puttering along. But here? A few stray nut jobs on either side keep trying to stir the cholent, as they say, (meaning they're trying to whip up trouble) but it ain't happenin'. Well, so far, anyway. And while the peace process petered out, no one was honestly expecting much of anything from it anyway, so no one is really going off the deep end.

The only issue I've read here with regard to the "Dig" shoot is that they were rumored to be planning to shoot around the City of David archaeological site, which is a contested area in East Jerusalem. But the producers made a bit deal about denying that, so there went that bit of drama.

The right-wing press is full of predictions of fire and brimstone. The left-wing press is full of predictions of war and terrorism. And the vast mass of the population, who are firmly planted in the uncomfortable middle, get to duck and cover and hope none of it hits them on the way to hitting the fan.

Am sure that Mr. I and his colleagues will very comfortably keep out of the way.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:20 pm

a.p.k. I fully understand the difference between the rhetoric I read and the reality of walking the streets. Trust me, I'd MUCH rather walk the streets there, than read the rhetoric from HERE. None the less, my nephew works with the American army in intelligence with the IDF (yes, a complete oxymoron from the letter 'go') and word during the Passover (prior to Hamas, Fatah and the PA group hug) was a completely different untold story...which is why it ended up here, so it wouldn't cause an uproar (apparently there are STILL secrets, like in the olden days, when there wasn't 24/7 social media, and stuff happened POOF without warning....ah, the good ol days...). I HOPE that explained why I put it where I put it, and I agree that JI and certain other high ranking cast is certainly safely ensconced with special bitachon and proteczia (staff and protection, I'm sure to them, they probably feel like they're in LA for all they can tell). But, as you say, ya never know there what's gonna set who off and when. I read the same story as you about the dig @ the City of David...I have spies there too ;-) . Somehow it's just a feeling that's not a great time to be making a great story in that place, just a feeling in my gizzard. Perhaps the increased tension, although not present now will add another dimension to the story that was unintended but will be very palpable. Things change daily there. The 'group hug' was supposed to solidify their government today, I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings. With wishes and prayers for daily peace to the region...~ellen
*HA "stirring the cholent" :lol - GREAT line! :lol :lol :lol :hands

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:14 am

Well, he hasn't been there but what 10 days, and already received a tweet I SUPPORT PALESTINIAN HUMAN RIGHTS US CAMPAIGN TO END THE ISRAEL OCCUPATION. Which was PAGES and PAGES long. It was only up a few hours, then Jason or one of his peps removed it. And now, on his instagram...don't ask! Boy oh boy, is he getting bugged. People walking onto the set chatting with him...making frankly harassing remarks on his instagram thingie. I wonder when he said he would be in trouble politically (in an email he said something like that), I didn't know if he meant Peter, or HIM-Jason? I feel badly for him...he's just a guy trying to put food on his family's table, and not cause an international political incident...period. I still think the project wasn't thought through with the timing. ~ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:31 am

Nothing more than one could expect, I think.... No matter what anyone is doing in that area, someone will be offended.

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:24 am

Jason tweeted about this:
https://twitter.com/jasonsfolly/status/ ... 6224560128
The 2-state solution I & all peace-loving israelis & arabs dream of will grow thro mutual collaboration - artistic, economic, human. imho.
hopefully, this clear something up, at least about where he's standing in this.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:58 pm

lol, I think it means, imho, he has been blessed with having dreams of peace for all in a funny little place where peace has come so rarely. We should All be included in those dreams of his, but in the meantime; he has a project to complete and I think to do this, it may be easier to just stick to his job and not have to spend so much time trying to appease the world by being an ambassador to anyone but himself and Peter to the storyline.

In other news today, in Haaretz (Israeli newspaper) it was reported that 3 teenage Israeli boys were kidnapped near Hebron. Hamas has called for an Intifada to start in the West Bank, but it didn't say exactly where. I guess we'll see. ~ellen nuke.gif

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:45 am

thunder wrote:Jason tweeted about this:
https://twitter.com/jasonsfolly/status/ ... 6224560128
The 2-state solution I & all peace-loving israelis & arabs dream of will grow thro mutual collaboration - artistic, economic, human. imho.
hopefully, this clear something up, at least about where he's standing in this.

I think Mr. I. tweeted in response to the barrage of posts that are rather anti-peace and pro-one-side-kicking-the-other-side's-butt. Not to mention the kidnapping of three Israeli teenagers right before the weekend, which is front-page news here.

FWIW, hitchhiking is very, very common and is almost the norm. Some years ago they made hitchhiking illegal for soldiers, but before then? I can remember every trip we made to Israel, picking up hitchhiking soldiers. (It was made illegal because of the threat of kidnapping.) It was just standard operating procedure.

And as far as kids go, it is also very much the norm for high school kids here. My son is in a high school in the West Bank and hitchhikes home and to school all the time. There are "trampiadas" all over, hitchhiking "stations" where people go to get a ride. And he's taken rides with just about any imaginable segment of the population. Which is why the whole country is particularly sensitive about this, because this could be anyone's child.

There are certain precautions that they all take, and all the schools unofficially detail them for the kids at the beginning of each school year. One of those precautions involves the cell phone. And clearly from the news stories the boys in this situation did follow that precaution, but the police screwed up at their end. Royally.

Praying that the boys come home safe. And that the police officers who screwed up get what they deserve, too.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:14 pm

I agree with you, a.p.k. about the kidnapping, the police DID screw up pretty huge and deserve what hopefully will be coming to them. There is NO room for excuses or screw ups in these instances, not by a millimeter. Everyone I know either accepts tramps or GIVES tramps, without exception, often to people I know, which turns into funny stories. Obviously, THIS is a horrendous and heart wrenching story only reinforcing why there must be border security. Each time someone from whichever faction pulls some heinous crap like this, it only makes things worse for the Palestinians. which they don't understand or see or recognize, they only scream "unfair! unjust! Apartheid! Occupiers!" Israel too has a right to exist, her people to breath without constant fear of children being kidnapped/killed when coming home from school, or getting to a bomb shelter within the 15 second allotted time. Israel isn't sending the bombs first, the Arabs are. No, Israel isn't right in everything she does-I'll be the first to give you that, and 2 wrongs will never make anything right. It will never be right there "Until the Arabs stop hating life as much as the Jews love life" golda meir ~ellen

and yes, of course many prayers from this side of the pond in chutz l'aretz too for these 3 young men...pretty sure it was the topic of most sermons on the Sabbath at many synagogues here too.

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:35 pm

Is it confirmed they have been kidnapped by Palestinians now? I can't find any source that say that...

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:40 pm

thunder wrote:Is it confirmed they have been kidnapped by Palestinians now? I can't find any source that say that...

Is US Sec'y of State John Kerry enough of a source?

Using an Egyptian English news page for the link, just to cover all the bases .... http://thecairopost.com/news/115029/new ... napping-us

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:54 pm

Thanks.
I haven't had time to read the news today, and yesterday was a more word against word situation. Still not confirmed, though.

(Sorry, I'm annoyingly skeptic, but I don't trust any info out of that area, before it's been confirmed - everyone's fighting to define the truth)

Let's hope they'll get them back home safe.

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:19 pm

The only denials have been from the Palestinian government .... the Palestinian Authority and Hamas.
The Palestinian Authority has denied involvement but is participating in the search for them within the West Bank.
Hamas denies it is involved, but is handing out sweets on the streets.

And several Palestinian groups have claimed responsibility.

Editing to add a link to the official US State Dept. statement on the thing:

http://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/ ... 227599.htm

Return to “Political Material”