Casting of Narcissa Malfoy announced

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:52 pm

For some reason I thought she'd have more screen time.

Had it not been for the Unbreakable curse, charm, whatever it was, I don't think she'd have been in the film at all, with so much of the book missing from the movie. And, Marianne, you are right about her hair: it was distracting.

I did see one Lucius picture, but I guess I missed the Azkaban mug shot. I'm seeing it again with DH this weekend, so I won't blink throughout the movie. :shock:

I will say that even though I knew what was going to happen in the cave with the horchrux, I still jumped out of my seat at one point . . . along with the rest of the audience. And during the action sequence at the end, I squirmed in my seat, again, even knowing the results. Well done.

My biggest complaint about the film was from my editing POV: Throughout the film, they did not use the hyphen between "Half-Blood"! The only place where they used it properly was in the final credits. I know. I know. You all couldn't care less. :roll:

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:56 pm

Sprog dragged me off to the movie today. I haven't read the books, but when I asked Sprog about Narcissa, she said that Narcissa is desperate to save Draco and spends much of the book weeping hysterically--

*****spoiler, maybe******

She said that Narcissa had gone right off the master plan, that she wasn't a true believer and was, I think, trying to retrieve Draco from Voldemort's influence. I didn't get that at all from her appearance in the movie--she just seemed to be asking Snape for some extra attention for Draco.
As for Draco, he doesn't have much to do--he wanders around Hogwarts looking mopey, spending time crying in the loo.
It was a bit odd, though--Tom Felton's had a mammoth growth spurt, so he looks about 6'4" and 23 years old.
Ooh, Snape's had a bit of a makeover--his horrid greasy lanky hair's been washed, and looks positively fluffy. Honestly, I found that a bit distracting.
Hermione hardly irked me at all this movie--yay!

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:59 am

his horrid greasy lanky hair's been washed, and looks positively fluffy.

Hmm - guess thats to prepare the audience for the "warmer" part he gets to do in the next movie.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:39 am

It was a bit odd, though--Tom Felton's had a mammoth growth spurt, so he looks about 6'4" and 23 years old.
Yeah, those kids grew up so fast (damn, I am feeling a bit old...)

~me

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”