New scene, not in book, for HBP

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

New scene, not in book, for HBP

Post by Helen8 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:20 pm

New Scene Added to Harry Potter 6
Source: SnitchSeeker.com February 21, 2008

According to SnitchSeeker.com, Australia's Herald Sun has a new interview with Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince producer David Barron, who says you can expect a scene in the film that is not in the book:

"But this was brought in because Jo (Rowling) was able throughout the quite lengthy book to keep dropping little snippets of what was happening in the outside world - there'd be people reading newspapers and talking about how somebody's parents had been killed, or somebody had been withdrawn from school because their parents didn't think it was safe.

And we're making aware that the Muggle world is also experiencing these disasters, but thinks they are disasters rather than the work of Voldemort.

The book is peppered with those moments, but we couldn't do that quite so easily in the film.

So (the extra scene) comes in the middle of the film and it just reminds us the world is no longer a safe place. Even in what would normally be considered the safe haven of the Burrow, nobody's safe.

I think you'll like it. It's quite effective."

The sixth installment hits theaters on November 21.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=42246

And this is the first time I've seen mention the 21 November date. I wonder if that's UK as well as US opening?

Helen

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:57 pm

w00t!!

A news, a news!!!!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:01 pm

So any theories what the new scene might be?

DhaniGrrrrl

Post by DhaniGrrrrl » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:14 pm

Well, I do know it won't be of poor Lucius in a cell in Azkaban... :-(

It may be of the disasters from the Muggle's point of view...

malfoygrandma

Long and longer!

Post by malfoygrandma » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:42 am

:bat I thank you ladies for posting this site! I personally, as Malfoy Granma, let them know that without my lovely son, Lucius, I will never be be watching this silly movie! Nor will I buy the thing! Shame on them! If they want to add scenes they could add Lucius!

ibelong2me

Post by ibelong2me » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:13 pm

My money would be on Mr Weasley kicking the bucket with this rumour...esp. as JKR had originally intended for him to die in book 5. Shall probably re-read this next year and find myself wrong now! ;-)

malfoygrandma

My new Scene!

Post by malfoygrandma » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:59 am

:roll: Every time they show Draco in agony over what to do, or Narcissa wafting around agonizing, why not show our lovely Lucius in his prison cell. I bet Jason could suffer beautifully for all our sakes! Now I would buy that movie!

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:30 am

Mg...I certainly agree that 'Lucius' could suffer quite gorgeously...what a wonderful scene that would be...I don't think they realize what they are doing when they delete him from the HP movies, don't they know WHY we go them??? :roll:

Hugs,
Kate

whisperwood

Post by whisperwood » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:43 pm

Right on, catloveeyes! I remember when I found out Jason was cast as Lucius. I was so giddy. It made the movies better for me since they've ruined my imagination when it comes to the books in certain aspects. When I try to talk about JI to people they never know who I mean. It's so frustrating! But if go... "Lucius Malfoy from the Harry Potter movies?" They kinda know who I mean. Or "The villian from The Patriot" does it to. I guess I'm expecting too much that they should love him as much as I do... heck, they should love him as much as we do!

Anywho,,, back to topic. Adding a new scene to show what JKR alluded to is interesting. I wonder how it'll flow? I wouldn't like a straight cut from Hogwarts to show a disaster in the streets.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:11 pm

I remember when I first saw him in COS, I kept thinking, "Where have I seen him before. I looked it up, and was so surprised to learn he was also in 'Tuxedo', 'Armageddon', 'The Patriot'. (And still more after that.)

I don't want them to change anything from the books.
I wonder if they'll include Aragog's demise in HBP. :scratch ~marilaine :cool:

whisperwood

Post by whisperwood » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:55 pm

I somehow get the feeling aragog might get chopped... BUT it is how Harry gets the memory from slughorn. I want to see that scene, Slughorn and Hagrin singing drunkenly together. Haha, just though of that scene from Jaws.

I really hope they haven't changed much. Though part of me wonders what the Death Eaters will be wearing this time. It changes in every film! Pick a uniform look, guys! lol. Well, maybe they're very fashionable baddies? So much for continuity.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:58 pm

You might be right, Whisperwood.
I nearly forgot that scene. The thought of HP being drunk just makes this sound like a definite must-see. Not that it wasn't already.
~marilaine :cool:

Ariza

Post by Ariza » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:21 am

I read that the scene on the balcony where Dumbledore dies has been modified as well.

Not sure if I should post it due to spoilers.......

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:14 am

Ah go on! *encourages* :D
MM

Ariza

Post by Ariza » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Ok so if you want to know if Snape is Shushing Harry then read on,,,,,,if you dont want to know then dont go any further.

SPOILER FOR ENDING OF HBP

Snape is shushing Harry as the AK scene in the movie does not play out as in the books. First of all, Harry is not under the invisibility cloak, he is a floor below watching the action ( Draco and DD) through a crack in the floor and suddenly Snape is behind him and Harry turns around and Snape is giving him the be quiet sign ( shushing him with his finger ) and then goes by him and Harry lets him as he knows he is a member of the Order but gets shocked when Snape does what he does........

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”