Keep the Movies LIKE THE BOOKS!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Harlequin

Keep the Movies LIKE THE BOOKS!

Post by Harlequin » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:38 pm

There desperately needs to be a petition that makes it to Warner Bros. to get that ruddy git out of the chair of producer. He sucks, and....he's basically massacred the entire Harry Potter movie saga.

Why doesn't he just step aside and let Chris Columbus come back? At least that man had a Harry Potter fan in the family (his daughter). She was the main reason why the first two movies were dead on. She told him "No, this is how it's supposed to be" AND SHE WAS FOUR YEARS OLD!

Come now....I love the Harry Potter series as much as the next nerd......if this man doesn't get sacked and replaced with someone who doesn't make the movies for the money......I'm definitely going to flip my lid.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:58 am

Harlequin, your frustration is coming through loud and clear, but I don't know what to tell you: Warner Brothers is going with a producer who they believe is going to make them some more money. :-|
Have there been any previous petitions (other than the obvious 'cast me as Narcissa'), and have any previous drives succeeded?

Tavington's ShadowMagnet

Post by Tavington's ShadowMagnet » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:49 pm

The movies will never measure up to the books...and having always read the books, before they were made into movies...yes, I sometimes come away disappointed. It does get frustrating to see what can happen when a director goes one way with the movies, and the books go a totally different way. But, it happens, you know? Even Gone with the Wind didn't measure up to, nor did it completely follow, the book, and it was 4 hours long!

I'm eager to see just how closely HBP is mirrored...and even more so, the 2 seperate movies for Deathly Hallows. As much as I was disappointed with the previous movies for HP...it's DH, that I hope they follow closely. Being, as it's the end of the series. It would be such a shame, if they mucked it up in any way, shape or form. :bat

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:27 pm

The movies will never measure up to the books...and having always read the books, before they were made into movies...yes, I sometimes come away disappointed.

I agree with ShadowMagnet, usually the book is better than the movie because it carries more details and description.

Personally, I'd love it if Tim Burton or Chris Columbus directed HP 7 because I'm not a big fan of David Yates
(I don't really trust him, he said himself that with OOTP, he wanted to make the shortest movie!)

Yet the movie always leaves out alot, no book to film adapt is going to keep every little detail in.

~me

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:40 pm

These are all extremely valid points, and I agree with each and every one of you.

It just really sucks that this screwball is really messing these movies. Granted, I love the books far better than the movies themselves, HOWEVER...the movies have JASON FRIGGIN ISAACS IN THEM. Hence my annoyance that Lucius is lacking in some of his parts.

In OotP, Fudge and Malfoy were there AFTER the hearing...not before the hearing, standing in front of the Infamous Dept. of Mysteries door!

Mreh...just a bitchfit. :???:

Tavington's ShadowMagnet

Post by Tavington's ShadowMagnet » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:00 pm

Harlequin wrote:These are all extremely valid points, and I agree with each and every one of you.

It just really sucks that this screwball is really messing these movies. Granted, I love the books far better than the movies themselves, HOWEVER...the movies have JASON FRIGGIN ISAACS IN THEM. Hence my annoyance that Lucius is lacking in some of his parts.

In OotP, Fudge and Malfoy were there AFTER the hearing...not before the hearing, standing in front of the Infamous Dept. of Mysteries door!

Mreh...just a bitchfit. :???:
Now I know what you mean about Lucius...especially the part with him and Fudge. I did get some seriously dirt looks, for yelling at the screen "That's not where it happened! It was AFTER, you ruddy idiots!" Needless to say, the people sitting around us, were none to happy with me...though a few diehard HP fans agreed with me on that point.

Namaste,
~ShadowMagnet~

malfoygrandma

Movies!

Post by malfoygrandma » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:03 pm

Wow, what a wonderful set of rants! And when you guys have said everything that needs saying! congratulations! Ditto! whatever!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:53 pm

LOL! And I didn't know about it, I haven't read the book. :shock:

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:50 am

I TOTALLY agree. There simply isn't enough of that beautiful, blond, wizard, Lucius.
[i]I DEMAND! [/i]On behalf of all [b]MALFOYS[/b], that there be more [b]LUCIUS. [/b]SAVE A MALFOY! SAVE THE WORLD! :bat ~marilaine :cool: :twisted:

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:52 am

[quote="ShadowMagnet"][quote="Harlequin"]These are all extremely valid points, and I agree with each and every one of you.

Mreh...just a bitchfit. :???:[/quote]

Now I know what you mean about Lucius...especially the part with him and Fudge. I did get some seriously dirt looks, for yelling at the screen "That's not where it happened! It was AFTER, you ruddy idiots!" Needless to say, the people sitting around us, were none to happy with me...though a few diehard HP fans agreed with me on that point.

Namaste,
~ShadowMagnet~[/quote]
Actually, Lucius and Fudge were discussing disbarring HP[b] before [/b] his hearing.....not a close enough shot of Lucius, in my opinion. ~marilaine :cool:
Ooh, wait. You meant in the book, right? Grrr! Aargh! Foiled again. :evil:

malfoygrandma

Just like the books?

Post by malfoygrandma » Sun May 04, 2008 9:03 am

:roll: Well, of course! Keep the movies exactly as written, so that we do understand what lazy little cheaters Harry and Ron are, never doing any school work, never really wanting to succeed except on the labor of Hermione, only staying eligible to play because she studies and works. Well, of course. That's exactly what we want to teach our children. Thanks to Ms. Rowling. Her children sure won't have to work, having a mama richer than the Queen of England! I don't mind the money for her labors, but I do mind the immorality of teaching children, especially boys, to be cheats and lazy bums who mooch off the efforts of others.

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”