HBP - DVD release

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

HBP - DVD release

Post by thunder » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:05 am

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potte ... 7-a-68238/

The Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - DVD will be released December 7th in the UK and December 8th in the US... If I didn't misunderstand anything...?

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:07 pm

Seems kind've soon since it's still in release. But maybe they want the Christmas trade.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:04 pm

That would be my guess, grannybear. Strike while the iron is hot!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:32 pm

The studios are complaining that DVD sales are down, so it definitely makes sense to release it for the holidays. Works for me.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:09 pm

But maybe they want the Christmas trade.
Exactly.

I don't plan on adding it to my DVD collection when it comes out.

~me

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:47 am

I was grocery shopping after work, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is released in Norway... without me knowing about it. Can't have been out long. (I need to pay more attention.:oops:) Here's the screen cap of Lucius Malfoy in the Daily Prophet:

Looking good... :D

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:53 am

Looking good...
as always ;-)

~me

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Thank you thunder and I agree he is certainly looking good...ALWAYS!!(Sigh)

I also think that they need sales for Christmas, so this should help...I shall be there for this. :D I agree with you dear ladies.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Angel Tavington wrote:
Looking good...
as always ;-)

~me
Wow! He even makes the Daily Prophet looks good.....in b/w to boot.

~ML *droolingheavily*

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:22 pm

I think I've seen that pic in the daily prophet before...looks familiar to me :scratch

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:56 pm

Finally reading HBP just in time for the DVD.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:02 pm

Well, the recession has a silver lining . . . that and online downloading. David Heyman has announced more extras in the HBP DVD due to lower-than-expected DVD sale numbers.

DANIEL RADCLIFFE - LOTS OF EXTRAS FOR POTTER, JACKSON VIDEOS
With home-video sales well off their pace from a year ago, producers of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have decided to load the DVD package with a plethora of extras, . . .

And I guess there will be a Harry nude scene in DH:

Director David Yates also hinted that the next Harry Potter movie is likely to stir up considerable controversy since it will feature in one sequence a naked Daniel Radcliffe embracing and kissing co-star Emma Watson with Rupert Gint reacting. "It's something intriguing and sensual," Yates remarked of the scene.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st ... os_1124137

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:39 am

Helen8 wrote:Well, the recession has a silver lining . . . that and online downloading. David Heyman has announced more extras in the HBP DVD due to lower-than-expected DVD sale numbers.

DANIEL RADCLIFFE - LOTS OF EXTRAS FOR POTTER, JACKSON VIDEOS
With home-video sales well off their pace from a year ago, producers of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have decided to load the DVD package with a plethora of extras, . . .

And I guess there will be a Harry nude scene in DH:

Director David Yates also hinted that the next Harry Potter movie is likely to stir up considerable controversy since it will feature in one sequence a naked Daniel Radcliffe embracing and kissing co-star Emma Watson with Rupert Gint reacting. "It's something intriguing and sensual," Yates remarked of the scene.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st ... os_1124137
*puts on childish voice* EEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! *Looks around sheepishly* I'm done, but really I probably won't complain but still might shut my eyes, only because I've seen these people as kids.
MM

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:49 am

Honestly, I'm skeptical that they'd make it quite so intense as a "nude" Daniel Radcliffe etc., etc., etc. Sounds like it's referring to the scene before Ron destroys the locket, when the Riddle-in-the-locket torments his jealous imaginings with visions of Harry&Hermione together.

No matter how edgy Yates might want to be with it, and no matter how dark "Deathly Hallows" gets, it is still at its heart the finale of a kids-oriented franchise, and I can't imagine WB would let them mess with that.

Meaning, maybe they'll show his bare shoulders. But don't hold your breath for any "nude scene." Ain't happenin'.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:11 am

I guess being naked in a movie won't be a problem for Daniel Radcliffe (well, he got naked for his role in the play "Equus"). But I agree with a.p.k, I highly doubt there will be any controversial nude scene.

~me

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”