Daniel on SNL tonight (Jan. 15)

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

fruitbat

Daniel on SNL tonight (Jan. 15)

Post by fruitbat » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:27 pm

I just noticed this now.

click

SNL=Saturday Night Live.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Daniel on SNL tonight (Jan. 15)

Post by Marie » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:03 am

He has a movie coming out so I'm sure he is in promotion mode.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:04 pm

I saw it. He requested in his monologue that they NOT do a take-off on HP, but they did one anyway: Harry returns to Hogwarts in the year 2020, and Prof. McGonagall is giving an orientation tour of Gryffindor to new students. Ron and Hermione were employed there, Prof. Snape's portrait hangs in the Gryffindor Common Room, and Hagrid :huh :uhoh is married to Luna Lovegood. :bag: It was kinda hokey.
Other sketches had him as a stock boy at TARGET, playing spin the bottle at a party (he ends up having to kiss a bunch of hobos), and playing himself on a talk show.
It was alright.

~ML :loco

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:32 am

Marilaine, while I thought that Daniel was quite good, (he really got into into it), the writing of this episode was not great. A guest host can't help that.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:29 am

Don't mind me. I'm still suffering from Malfoy-withdrawal. :bawl

~ML :loco :bang :rave

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Completely forgot about this. I watched it last night on Free On Demand. Daniel, ever the trouper, did his best. Can't say that I laughed at anything. The sketches were really poor.
I haven't watched SNL in years. Maybe a decade. I couldn't get over how everyone reads straight off the cue cards. They don't even attempt to memorize anything. I never noticed it that blatant in previous years. At least Daniel made an attempt to look away from the cards and actually look at the character he was talking to. And don't get me started on the Spin-the-Bottle sketch and kissing all the homeless men. SNL needs to go: 40 years is pushing a corpse of what was once a ground-breaking program.

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”