The World Cup... England You Suck!!!

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Heather

The World Cup... England You Suck!!!

Post by Heather » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:27 am

Yes, I know Scotland didn't even qualify and people in glass houses etc, and as I have said elsewhere on the boards, I could care less! Can't stand football. BUT!!! When there is a conversation on a morning news programme about how "If they got the right formation we could still do it" DREAM ON!!! You couldn't even manage to score against Algeria.

And when it's all over, back you will all come and it will be "in 1966 when we won the World Cup"

I have been having a think about this, in 1966 I bet the squad then probably got paid about a living wage and they played football because it was their life. Too many of the guys that play professional football these days are in it for the lifestyle and the money, if they lose it is forgotten about a week later when they have played the blame game and sacked the manager.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:51 am

reference JI movie called "THE FIX"...about footballers from the 60's...
I believe, that was directed by Paul Greengrass....

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:08 am

Seems like all the great football natins are messin up this time. Germany was definately lost yesterday. Everybody was so excited about the 4:0 against australia but honestly...australia is not that strong...sorry^^ France coulnd't qualify. Won't be surprised if england germany france and italy will fly back home next week. Would be too sad :D

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:45 am

Now..who will win the world cup? Brazil? who knows LOL

~me
Last edited by Angel Tavington on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:47 am

Go Robinho and Kaka :roll:
vai seleçãaaaaaaoooo!!! wooooooooooooohooooooo!
(Brazil's next match is tomorrow)

~me

Heather

Post by Heather » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:26 am

Angel Tavington wrote:Go Robinho and Kaka :roll:
vai seleçãaaaaaaoooo!!! wooooooooooooohooooooo!
(Brazil's next match is tomorrow)

~me
I think Brazil have got a very good chance, my money would be on them. The England team got booed off the field by their OWN FANS! which apparantly made Wayne Rooney cry. Never mind about crying Wayne, you are your team want to get your overpaid arses in gear and at least look like you are making an effort for the sake of all those people who have spent their hard earned to go to South Africa and cheer you on, not to mention having to suffer the endless sound of those bloody Vuvuzelas. Watch this! Bet they get the blame for them not being able to concentrate. :roll:

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:38 am

DH LOVETH teh footie, and this is just doing his head in. He is just disgusted.
He is in complete agreement with you, Heather--a bunch of overpaid egoists who can't stand to share with anyone.
the endless sound of those bloody Vuvuzelas. Watch this! Bet they get the blame for them not being able to concentrate.
. . . again.
DH does allow that the BALL is having a big impact, though--they keep making the official ball *lighter* over the years, so that it responds differently and unpredictably--players go up to head it, only to find that it's in a completely unexpected place.
But still.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Yes Heather, I'm with you. Brazil's got a very good chance, let's wait and see- they are a very strong team, if not the best.
Today's match was 3x1, Im still pissed at the referee who gave kaká the red card.

~me

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:59 am

Now keep your fingers cross for germany ^^ Last chance for them tonight. My boyfriend and I will watch it with 12000 people in a stadium just in case they'll lose and it'll be the last time for the next 4 years watchin an important game so far :D

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:19 am

Good luck for Germany ;-)

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:52 pm

U.S. and England both advanced to the next round. Germany next we hope.

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:32 pm

grannybear wrote:U.S. and England both advanced to the next round. Germany next we hope.
Yep! England playing Germany next. Wayne and Co best go and get their packing done now I reckon. nuke.gif

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:59 pm

Tatatataaaaa. We made it :mrgreen: But I think my first and last time public viewing. too loud too ...don't know what :D And big trouble with my boyfriend in the end. Sad result of a great match :D

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:29 pm

I just popped in to say I have no opinion one way or the other re: World Cup, however, your subject header did make me laugh out loud, Heather. :D

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:38 pm

*looking forward to Brazil's next game against Portugal on friday*

woohoo!

~me

Return to “The Bitch Box”