What a Rotten Thing To Ask,

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

grannybear

What a Rotten Thing To Ask,

Post by grannybear » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:39 pm

RETREAT

I may not know much about movie making but I think what the producers asked was rotten.
Sounds as if Jason was in on the whole thing since the start.
Along comes Cillian Murphy and expresses interest in Jasons role and the producers ask Jason to take the intruders role instead.
That's a rotten thing to do.
So what happens to David Tennant who was supposed to play that role? Did he already drop out or will he be asked to hit the road?

Good thing Jason got something else and probably better.
The producers should be ashamed of themselves. No Class. I'll be damned if I go to see any of their movies.

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:52 pm

Jason's savvy enough to go with the sure thing instead of putting up with this. I'm sure he doesn't want to, nor does he need to tolerate fickle musical chairs. :-|

Foodie

Re: What a Rotten Thing To Ask,

Post by Foodie » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:01 pm

grannybear wrote:RETREAT

So what happens to David Tennant who was supposed to play that role? Did he already drop out or will he be asked to hit the road?

Good thing Jason got something else and probably better.
The producers should be ashamed of themselves. No Class. I'll be damned if I go to see any of their movies.
http://www.deadline.com/2010/08/jamie-b ... e-retreat/

Actually, it looks like David Tennant was replaced...though whether he left or was asked to leave remains to be seen. But I found that on a David Tennant site and the going theory is that if they replaced Jason's role with a younger man, they may have wanted to do the same thing with this role, I suppose to appeal to a younger audience?? Yeah, I'll probably be skipping this one out of protest as a Jason and David fan!

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:37 am

I remember reading an article a while ago, that David T had signed on to do another project...I think he was in the same situation as JI...waiting for Retreat, 'real' work came along, and he took it...

show business is fickle...time and again, JI always states to wait until he has signed on the dotted line....

No worries, grannybear...I think Jason made the correct choice....
Now, as to US TV pilots......that's another story....LOL

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:11 am

It seems like they have made a U-turn with casting actors in this... Maybe they wanted (or was told) to get someone younger (for a change :razzlite).
How long will Thandie Newton last now? Any bets?

Both Cillian Murphy and Jamie Bell are excellent, tough...

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:26 am

I'm pretty sure that Jason made the right choice. Don't even care about this movie anymore... and I won't see it!! :mad:

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:54 am

I'm sure Jason made the right choice in dropping out and doing Case Histories.
My whole rant is the way he was forced out. I guess business is business but it's still crummy.
Thandie is next. After all I'm sure she's older than the two actors replacing Jason and David. They will want someone younger. Someone who blends in with them more.
The h--- with them and their movie.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:54 pm

grannybear, the acting profession is a tough business: you have to be the right type; you have to have a titanium backbone to undergo/survive auditions, etc.; you have to be clairevoyant to know what they want and if you think the funding will ever come through; and you have to be extremely resilient.

Funnily enough, being a Jason Fan has pretty much the same requirements, less the type and the auditioning (although Our Kate did pretty well for herself in PG).

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:07 pm

thunder wrote:It seems like they have made a U-turn with casting actors in this... Maybe they wanted (or was told) to get someone younger (for a change :razzlite).
How long will Thandie Newton last now? Any bets?

Both Cillian Murphy and Jamie Bell are excellent, tough...
I know I am coming in a bit late here but I just wanted to ask if she does the Oil Of Olay ads where you are? She does them in the UK so I bet she gets enough freebies to bathe in the stuff. So now you know ;-)

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:45 am

I don't know if she is on Norwegian Oil of Olay campaigns. I haven't noticed, because I usually start flipping channels when the commercials are on... She looks young enough though... and she is younger than JI too, I think.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:46 am

younger by about 10 years ....and I havent seen her on adverts here in the
US......

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:11 am

I think she's very pretty. Saw her in a movie on cable the other night (can't remember the title of the movie).

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:20 am

According to IMDb they have started filming. Thandie is still in the cast.

Still won't go to see the completed picture.

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:36 am

I think she is very pretty too Angel although I am a bit suspicious of he expressionless shiney forehead. I have got nothing against Botox, I have done it myself a few times for special occasions but when you are selling skin care products I think it is just wrong. In the UK we have also got Jane Fonda flogging Loreal Skincare and I am sure that she has not reached the age she is with that face without surgical help, and much as I like their night cream I am not fooling myself that I will be looking like Jane at 80 or whatever she is.

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:50 am

Angel Tavington wrote:I think she's very pretty. Saw her in a movie on cable the other night (can't remember the title of the movie).

~me
It wasn't The Pursuit Of Happyness was it Angel? The Will Smith one, I watched that on holiday and I don't think I have ever sat through such a long heart wrenching movie and it was just about fifteen minutes from the end when everything started working out for him and his son. Thandie was playing the mum who walked out on them.

Return to “The Bitch Box”